Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoyte sending off

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I couldnt make it to the game, but after abusing the ref did we all make sure that Hoyte got a standing ovation and clapped off the pitch*??

* a pet hate of mine, clapping a player off that got sent off and could cost us a result

:laugh: Yep mine too and yes there was some of that. He stupidly and needlessly kicked out and like you said could cost us a result but yet they clap? Crazy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I couldnt make it to the game, but after abusing the ref did we all make sure that Hoyte got a standing ovation and clapped off the pitch*??

* a pet hate of mine, clapping a player off that got sent off and could cost us a result

I agree and have been saying that on many occassions when we have had somebody sent off but have been accused of being a misery and people have said that it is a show of the apprteciation of the effort the player has put in I think that is absolute bollocks, he has let his team mates management and supporters down.

Jimmy Grimble

Because football fans are irrational and mostly testosterone fueled. Getting on the refs back is part and parcel of football everywhere. It made the atmosphere a lot better so I don't know why you're complaining. What were we meant to do? Applaud the refs decision? Stand in silence and accept it because it was right? Nah thanks, I'd rather jokingly jeer at the ref and put him under a bit of pressure. Much more fun :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is all very well being sactimonious now, but these sort of things do look a lot different live as opposed to a slow motion replay. I suspect most people thought that N'Gog did not dive, until they saw the replay. Same with Hoyte.

As for wanting him fined and so on. He made a mistake.He is young. You don't mention anything about the build up. Perhaps they were hacking away at him or abusing him and he lost his cool. Hardly a flogging offence for a player that is relatively new to the professional game. I think his ban is punishment enough, don't you?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
A stone wall red card. End of.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
From the comfort of my armchair and with the benefit of TV replays I couldn't see much wrong with any of the decisions of the referee. As for the decisions of our central defenders, that's entirely another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here