Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How will you feel if we lose?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am on the train and will take whatever stations come up next, the preference is straight to the destination but I’ll take the possibility of being ejected or staying on if we pull in at one of the two other potential stops before getting there. It will have been a hell of a ride I wouldn’t want to have missed however it ends.

If that makes sense :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
i want us to win tomorrow mostly because i like us winning football matches but mostly because i'm not sure - with christmas looming - i can afford (or rather Mrs CJ will start divorce proceedings) another away day having to be sorted for February. A March game in the R16 is much more doable.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will be disappointed if we don’t win tomorrow

Could really do without the extra two games at the end of Feb and also noting it’s only 10 days or so after the Asian Cup and AFCON finish.

With our injuries and need a period of time to blood in new recruits playing once a week from Jan until mid March would be ideal.

Also allows us to concentrate of the league for a bit, I’d like to think we would be on 40 points and safe before we recommence our European journey

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not sure about your maths there.

Win tomorrow, and we pocket 0.63m for the match win, AND 1.1m for winning the group = 1.73m

Lose tomorrow and we forego both of those prizes, and even if winning home and away in the play-off round = 1.26m (although, we'd also earn some additional gate money, of course)
Thanks! ... I'd misunderstood it 👍

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We win the game, we win the group, we'll have beaten Marseille, we're through to the last 16 in March with 2 less games to play, can look forward to Europe again in the spring and throw everything at the league for 3 months. Also means the league games away to Sheffield United and home to Everton may stay Saturday 3PM KO's as they currently are.

el punal

Anyway, I 100% want us to win tomorrow night. The kudos of winning the group is a bonus, and the fact we'd advance directly to the last 16 is a huge bonus - but mainly, I want us to win just for the single game itself - I love to watch Brighton WIN games of football - not just for the outcome of those wins.
There is of course is the added bonus, by winning and topping the group, of being the most successful South Coast club in Europe to date. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Saints and Pompey!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A win tomorrow as not only do we have two fewer games, the bank balance can recover like the injured players, and it gives our friends up the road a couple of months to consider that Brighton are still in Europe, while all they have to look forward to, is the odd 1-0 win, as they stay in lower mid table.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A win would certainly be better - as others have said two less games.

It would also benefit my bank balance, less days away from the business and martial status.
For that reason alone, any win would do.

All's fair in love and war.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
110% win

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We win the game, we win the group, we'll have beaten Marseille, we're through to the last 16 in March with 2 less games to play, can look forward to Europe again in the spring and throw everything at the league for 3 months. Also means the league games away to Sheffield United and home to Everton may stay Saturday 3PM KO's as they currently are.
If we lose I fear the atmosphere may turn rrrrrrrrrather sour

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You’re mad to consider us wanting two extra games at this time of year. Go back to bed and dream of a 3 - 0 win against the French.

I'd rather win as it's two less games over the course of the season and it's worth a couple of million more in prize money to the club (not great shakes compared to the PL riches, but still a nice bonus for the club). Being able to get through Jan and Feb with a lighter schedule may help us get some of those injured players up to full fitness in a slightly less hectic schedule.

A win would certainly be better - as others have said two less games.

It would also benefit my bank balance, less days away from the business and martial status.

Will be disappointed if we don’t win tomorrow

Could really do without the extra two games at the end of Feb and also noting it’s only 10 days or so after the Asian Cup and AFCON finish.

With our injuries and need a period of time to blood in new recruits playing once a week from Jan until mid March would be ideal.

Also allows us to concentrate of the league for a bit, I’d like to think we would be on 40 points and safe before we recommence our European journey

Want a win, what a confidence booster it would be, plus 2 x less games too.

A win tomorrow as not only do we have two fewer games, the bank balance can recover like the injured players, and it gives our friends up the road a couple of months to consider that Brighton are still in Europe, while all they have to look forward to, is the odd 1-0 win, as they stay in lower mid table.

A lot of people seem to think it's two extra games if we lose tomorrow. I admire the confidence that we'll definitely beat a third place Champions League team in the next round 😀

Personally i think we'll likely play the same number of games this season win lose or draw tomorrow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Need a period of time to blood in new recruits playing once a week from Jan until mid March would be ideal.
What new recruits are these?

I'm worried people are assuming we're bringing multiple players in in January. We might, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we only brought in 1, maybe 2 at a push.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There is of course is the added bonus, by winning and topping the group, of being the most successful South Coast club in Europe to date. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Saints and Pompey!
Not just Saints and Pompey! There's also Bournemouth, Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth who are not as successful in Europe as we are!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Give us a glorious night at the Amex tomorrow, and a bye into the Ro16 as a seeded side (we'll know home and away dates well ahead of time).

I'd happily take that over getting knocked out by Zaha in a game we're not allowed to go to.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Honestly, I want to go to another away game and as a teacher the only two possibilities are if we come second in the group and play away in Feb half term, and if we are drawn away in the first leg of the QFs during Easter hols. I probably won't even be able to attend the final if we make it.

So a nice 3-3 draw with us scoring a late equaliser would suit me fantastic.

I'm sure it makes me a bad fan or a bit of a miserable bastard not being able to enjoy the away days vicariously through others, but there we go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here