Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How will you feel if we lose?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Help me with this. I keep having these thoughts about tomorrow, “a defeat, or a draw would have real positives”

This is coming from a place where I’m not so much focused on the chance of us winning the Europa League, more wanting to max out the largest number of possible glorious European fixtures. It’s coming from a place of “yeh, we’ll lose sometime, but let’s have a tie v Shakhtar, or play in that stadium cut into the mountain, or have Mbappe turn out at the Amex”

We’re suffering at the moment with injuries, but let’s say, we pick up a full back in Jan, maybe Enciso is fit, maybe Estupinan, maybe we’ve recalled a loanee, Hinsh is kicking on, we’ve got our players back from AFCON and Asia, we’d stand a decent chance against anyone in a play off in Feb wouldn’t we?

Help me with these impure thoughts please

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As Albion are already through, the journey will continue. So a draw or a defeat is cushioned. It would be better to win, but not a disaster if they don't. That's about it really.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd rather win as it's two less games over the course of the season and it's worth a couple of million more in prize money to the club (not great shakes compared to the PL riches, but still a nice bonus for the club). Being able to get through Jan and Feb with a lighter schedule may help us get some of those injured players up to full fitness in a slightly less hectic schedule.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Help me with this. I keep having these thoughts about tomorrow, “a defeat, or a draw would have real positives”

This is coming from a place where I’m not so much focused on the chance of us winning the Europa League, more wanting to max out the largest number of possible glorious European fixtures. It’s coming from a place of “yeh, we’ll lose sometime, but let’s have a tie v Shakhtar, or play in that stadium cut into the mountain, or have Mbappe turn out at the Amex”

We’re suffering at the moment with injuries, but let’s say, we pick up a full back in Jan, maybe Enciso is fit, maybe Estupinan, maybe we’ve recalled a loanee, Hinsh is kicking on, we’ve got our players back from AFCON and Asia, we’d stand a decent chance against anyone in a play off in Feb wouldn’t we?

Help me with these impure thoughts please
It's fine, let's go with the flow.
I hope of course that we win tomorrow, especially for RDZ as he desperately wants to do well in Europe, having missed the chance to stay with Shakhtar and progress there.
However, if we lose tomorrow...all is not lost at all. Marseilles are on a good run (if that means anything) and our injury list is crazy. Certainly no shame if we finish second to them. And, as you say, maybe a couple of players back after Xmas👍.
It's almost a free hit tomorrow!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As Albion are already through, the journey will continue. So a draw or a defeat is cushioned. It would be better to win, but not a disaster if they don't. That's about it really.
This exactly. It's going to be an unusual feeling tomorrow, as whilst brilliant to win, a draw/defeat won't be terrible.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If Newcastle drop down then we would have dodged PSG and Milan. Every other team we could draw is beatable IMO. Bring on the additional away day I say!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's fine, let's go with the flow.
I hope of course that we win tomorrow, especially for RDZ as he desperately wants to do well in Europe, having missed the chance to stay with Shakhtar and progress there.
However, if we lose tomorrow...all is not lost at all. Marseilles are on a good run (if that means anything) and our injury list is crazy. Certainly no shame if we finish second to them. And, as you say, maybe a couple of players back after Xmas👍.
It's almost a free hit tomorrow!
Agreed.

PS: Is our injury list actually "crazy" anymore ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Selfishly I want to not win AND draw a Portuguese team.

But I can look beyond the end of my nose so would be gutted to miss out on group winners and 2 weeks 'off'.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The back account would certainly prefer a win

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
group winners 1.1m , per match winners 630k

Does that include the two play off matches?...if so we're £better off losing tomorrow 😂

Not sure about your maths there.

Win tomorrow, and we pocket 0.63m for the match win, AND 1.1m for winning the group = 1.73m

Lose tomorrow and we forego both of those prizes, and even if winning home and away in the play-off round = 1.26m (although, we'd also earn some additional gate money, of course)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, I 100% want us to win tomorrow night. The kudos of winning the group is a bonus, and the fact we'd advance directly to the last 16 is a huge bonus - but mainly, I want us to win just for the single game itself - I love to watch Brighton WIN games of football - not just for the outcome of those wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here