Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to sum up Palace's Ground...

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Bluejuice said:
Shitpit is the word I'd use
:eek: have you ever been to the Withdean?? you cant really comment on our ground until your 7,000(?) seater is better than our 26,000 seater.

and it makes we laugh so much that clownton fans hate us so much cos we couldnt give two shits about you. why dont you try and hate gillingham or someone, they might actually care

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
RoyalAli said:
This isn't an issue about thier ground.
Its an issue about yours.

Which is shit.
but they cant comment on something that is miles better than theirs, well they can if they want to look totally stupid. have you been to the withdean? have you been to selhurst? which is better? if you say brighton then fair enough but bloody hell!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
eagles #1 said:
and it makes we laugh so much that clownton fans hate us so much cos we couldnt give two shits about you. why dont you try and hate gillingham or someone, they might actually care

Really? You must be one of the few Palace fans that does not hate us or a teenage cyber warrior. Most of the Palace fans I have come across detest us, hence why the 5-0 was so good for them.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
RoyalAli said:
Yes, I've been to both.
At least at Withdean I didn't have a pillar in my way, and there weren't huge gaps where seats had been smashed and moved without replacement.

Neither is anything special, but Withdean is only temporary at least.

If the whole of Selhurst was redeveloped to be like the Holmesdale Road end, I think Selhurst would be a pretty special stadium.
ive been to the madeski and must say very nice and modern but i think too many stadiums are getting like that now, plastic lego stadiums with no atmosphere at all. oh well everyone to there own i guess

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It must be really galling for Palace fans to know that even Brighton fans, with their excuse for a temporary ground, can still have a good laugh at Selhurst, your 'proper' ground, for being the dump that it is. But that is, I'm afraid, the reality. Deal with it.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Tooting Gull said:
It must be really galling for Palace fans to know that even Brighton fans, with their excuse for a temporary ground, can still have a good laugh at Selhurst, your 'proper' ground, for being the dump that it is. But that is, I'm afraid, the reality. Deal with it.
temporary ground?? well you havent exactly got another one lined up av ya?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Summing up Palace's ground?

Not theirs would be a starter, doesn't one Ronald Noades still own it?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Bluejuice said:
Shitpit is the word I'd use
You`ve got some front you lot how can you slag off other teams grounds when you both were in the shit yourselfs and had to rely on the likes of us and Gillingham to keep you afloat i had sympathy for you as a football fan but you may as well go sink to the depths of the football league you ungratfull bunch of scummers.
Christ you have short memories.
Charlton ground not bad.
Running track well what can i say.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I must also add i would rather play in packed full shit hole.
Than a boring non atmospheric running track with only 6,500
And no hope of finding anywhere you can call home sad isn`t it (NO)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
go sink to the depths of the... league

Well, you'd know all about that...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Tooting Gull said:
Well, you'd know all about that...
What a stupid reply. Can`t seem to think when we last played in the old div 4.
I`m sure you can feel me in on what it`s like.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oooooooh, that touched a nerve. Remind me, who went down with the lowest points total in Premiership history..I'm guessing Sunderland.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
We've no illusions about Withdean. It's piss poor. But Smellhurst is awful too, and must be the worst in the Premier League. When Falmer is built, then we should compare grounds (if that's the bag your in to)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
chips and gravy said:
We've no illusions about Withdean. It's piss poor. But Smellhurst is awful too, and must be the worst in the Premier League. When Falmer is built, then we should compare grounds (if that's the bag your in to)
WHEN???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here