Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I think that was the 3-3 game, yes. Leeds still haven’t won at The Amex.

Funny how we were louder then, but had less people in the stadium.

The North Stand have been trying to get the song going again recently but the West Stand aren’t having any of it.

I remember being quite blown away by the noise the West Stand used to make in the first few seasons. Not anymore though. They need to sort it out.
Well I know of around 100 who left WSL because it was shit ,I was one of them
Regards
DF

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Well I know of around 100 who left WSL because it was shit ,I was one of them
Regards
DF

When did you leave? Was it because you thought the atmosphere was shit? Never really gets that bad in the North, we sing for most of the game.

Admittedly the noise seemed to be coming from the WSU.

I know a few old school that left WSU and gave up their ST’s. I wonder if it’s a few thousand that’s done the same.

I think if the away fans were nearer the North it would be much better, that’s really the only thing that’s stopping me really enjoying it at the moment.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If the mood on here translates itself to the stands we are in real trouble you would think we had already been relegated the way some are carrying on

Jan 30, 2008
When did you leave? Was it because you thought the atmosphere was shit? Never really gets that bad in the North, we sing for most of the game.

Admittedly the noise seemed to be coming from the WSU.

I know a few old school that left WSU and gave up their ST’s. I wonder if it’s a few thousand that’s done the same.

I think if the away fans were nearer the North it would be much better, that’s really the only thing that’s stopping me really enjoying it at the moment.
I dont think your estimation is to far off the mark to be honest ,replaced with Barber customers, oh well it's been emotional
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Weren’t you surrounded by Grandad’s with their tartan blankets, who start skulking away on 70 minutes (win, lose or draw)? From the NS, the WSL clearly starts emptying then, every single match.
There were a few werthers but to be fair being next to the away fans kept the banter up , things just went down hill after poyet left
Regards
DF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There were a few werthers but to be fair being next to the away fans kept the banter up , things just went down hill after poyet left
Regards
DF

Hebberd’s obsessive campaign in the first 2 Amex seasons in heavy handed stewarding, resulting in countless NS ejections and bans, was ridiculous. It must’ve eliminated many noisy fans.

From the front row of WSU, we used to watch a small army of stewards looking for anyone standing, then sending in snatch squads. Obsessive, using the H&S excuse, whilst other clubs were more pragmatic.

Atmosphere killer.

Jan 30, 2008
Hebberd’s obsessive campaign in the first 2 Amex seasons in heavy handed stewarding, resulting in countless NS ejections and bans, was ridiculous. It must’ve eliminated many noisy fans.

From the front row of WSU, we used to watch a small army of stewards looking for anyone standing, then sending in snatch squads. Obsessive, using the H&S excuse, whilst other clubs were more pragmatic.

Atmosphere killer.
i have you right on that account, also People being told to move from the south stand to the north by the OB ???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dqARsIc5k
regards
DF

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Perhaps this needs to be revisited. TB has publically stated no singing section as he wants a wall of noise from 3 quarters of the Amex not just one area. How else can we get the audience more involved and vocal?

Certainly think the theme days in the early days of the Amex were a huge success and atmopshere was generally better, would love to see us trial something like this again.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Certainly think the theme days in the early days of the Amex were a huge success and atmopshere was generally better, would love to see us trial something like this again.

Perhaps we could pilot something completely new for 2020, like winning a game? Just putting it out there. :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Perhaps this needs to be revisited. TB has publically stated no singing section as he wants a wall of noise from 3 quarters of the Amex not just one area. How else can we get the audience more involved and vocal?

Scoring a goal to take a lead would be start.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The whole Amex needs to sing up.
We are as powder puff as our team sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I was thinking, the other day, just how many songs we used to sing at the Goldstone. Maybe standing makes you sing more?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I have gone for BHAFC choir as it made me laugh the most.

Perhaps we could get Gareth Malone involved and all turn up on Tuesday & Thursday nights for practice? Imagine the harmonies we could create, could like a stadium filled with The Beach Boys or something like that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scoring a goal to take a lead would be start.

Or maybe the "not singing if we're not winning" thing is surely a reason why PL seems pretty quiet overall. It symbols the shift from "I'm here to support my club" to "I'm here to get the entertainment I'm entitled to".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here