Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to improve NS and Amex atmosphere?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After the weekends fixtures I can confirm Arsenal v Newcastle shocking atmosphere, Villa v Spurs not much better couldn’t force myself to watch Saints v Burnley so can’t comment.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
After the weekends fixtures I can confirm Arsenal v Newcastle shocking atmosphere, Villa v Spurs not much better couldn’t force myself to watch Saints v Burnley so can’t comment.

Yep. Same problem everywhere in this country. Villa one surprised me though as it was a bloody good game to watch - villa park should have been buzzing.

I wonder whether the introduction of safe standing (which now seems pretty likely to happen in the next few years) will actually make a big difference. I'm not convinced it will as much as some seem to think it would

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I wonder whether the introduction of safe standing (which now seems pretty likely to happen in the next few years) will actually make a big difference. I'm not convinced it will as much as some seem to think it would

Same here.

Those making, or most likely to make, a racket are already standing at grounds anyhow.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
PL grounds are shocking for atmosphere. So boring.

Much preferred the championship and league 1 days for home and away atmosphere

Really? Maybe I've forgotten, but in my mind lower leagues are generally just as shit for atmosphere on the whole. Imo it's not a premier league thing but a British football culture shift. We lag behind the rest of Europe and beyond so much thesedays

Fewer/no tourists much better in lower leagues, though

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Same here.

Those making, or most likely to make, a racket are already standing at grounds anyhow.

Exactly, and it wouldn't be like the old days of singers all being able to move about and congregating together either.

We'll see, but I'm not hopeful much will change.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Had a conversation about drums after watching a German game I think it helps as it’s a consistent noise if done right, has to be better than hearing a pin drop.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Convoluted chants don’t help as they have no longevity, quickly get sung out sync and die. The more succinct, and sung in a ‘chant and response’ style the better imho, i.e.

Chant: “Blue Army”
Response: “Blue Army”

or

Chant: “Graham Potter’s Blue Army”
Response: “Graham Potter’s Blue Army”

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Convoluted chants don’t help as they have no longevity, quickly get sung out sync and die. The more succinct, and sung in a ‘chant and response’ style the better imho, i.e.

Chant: “Blue Army”
Response: “Blue Army”

or

Chant: “Graham Potter’s Blue Army”
Response: “Graham Potter’s Blue Army”

In recent years I'd say the 4 biggest new chants are:
Withdean to Wembley
Who's that man from Argentina
Oscar Garcia, he drinks Sangria
And
Bissouma

Only 1 of those would be considered a 'simple' chant and yet all have taken quickly and widely.
Chants take when the are good, not just when they are simple.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Withdean to Wembley
And
Bissouma

Only 1 of those would be considered a 'simple' chant and yet all have taken quickly and widely.

We got knockeart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Withdean to Wembley
And
Bissouma

‘Matty Ryan Socceroo’ is pretty simple

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
4 loudspeaker ultras at the front of each stand, all slowly but surely giving up as the match wears on and fans tell them to sit down and shut up, in part because despite 98% possession, Albion have still to make it into the oppositions half... :)

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Athletico fans take a bow, virtually nonstop vociferous support for 90+ minutes, not a drum or loudspeaker in sight and very few empty seats at the end in what must be a hellish stadium to get out of at full time with the size of that crowd. Puts the PL to shame..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Athletico fans take a bow, virtually nonstop vociferous support for 90+ minutes, not a drum or loudspeaker in sight and very few empty seats at the end in what must be a hellish stadium to get out of at full time with the size of that crowd. Puts the PL to shame..

The PL retort would be that you win **** all for atmosphere. Unlike PL teams in European football. Remind us, how many CLs have Athletico won?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here