How on earth can we be losing £8 million a year?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
With a good eye, along with the holding company's accounts, they will reveal a surprisingly high amount, because these companies are not small under the Companies Act.

There won't be a detailed list of overhead costs, but we will find out everything else, including some costs such as wages, directors pay, depreciation charges, rent costs, and everything we want to know on stadium expenditure, Bloom's loan and its terms, transfers, income breakdown.

Yes, wages were c. £7m to year end 30/6/11. Which was more than turnover (£5.5m). But these figures are effectively representative of the last season at Withdean and so will be greatly changed when the accounts to 30/6/12 get published in March, effectively covering the first season at the Amex. We would expect to see turnover sky rocket, wages to increase significantly but also a whole host of new operating expenses associated with the very different operating situation at the Amex. Should be interesting.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Oh dear, resorting to abuse is not the way forward my friend, healthy debate is fine, has the talk of pies got anything to do with your username?

To be fair the north stand clique normaly resort to cheap offending abuse to answer posts that they do not agree with

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So why the f**k did your first post ask how much do I think is profit from a pie and you stated 30p (lick finger stick it in the air). You're now saying its irrelevant to the club so quite what is your point. If you said right at the start we f**ked by not charging enough to use our facilities, if that's the way the club have done (I don't know but am suspicious that's not the case) then fine but to start posting about the profit from a pie and then completely turn that around makes me think you haven't a clue about what you talking about.

I never said anywhere that the club are not charging enough for using our facilities. The problem is that you think the club is making millions from selling £3.50 pies - it isn't and its not making millions on beer sales either - if it was we would be losing £8M presently. The point is that to make money the club need to be in Europe and the Prem from TV revenues, it won't make jack shit from your pie profits.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I never said anywhere that the club are not charging enough for using our facilities. The problem is that you think the club is making millions from selling £3.50 pies - it isn't and its not making millions on beer sales either - if it was we would be losing £8M presently. The point is that to make money the club need to be in Europe and the Prem from TV revenues, it won't make jack shit from your pie profits.

Sorry but this will be my last reply to you on the subject. No one including me at any point has said we're making millions from the catering. My initial response was to the poster that said we make nothing from the catering. You raised the pie issue and now even saying the beer. You have made it quite clear that you have neither the nounce or the facts about running any type of business. Azure released a statement that it had helped Brighton to make 1 million from catering but to you that's jack shit.

Your last sentence is just simplistic crap. How does ones business model work towards this golden wonderland?

Think that will do.......Its good night from and good night from.........

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I would say our income will be at most £12m and our expenditure around £20m. (illutrative guesses)
About six years ago our payroll spend on players was £2m to £3m - to give an idea of how things have changed - last year at Withdean was £7m I think, first year at Amex including transfers fees was surely over £10m
Of the costs some of this will be the write down of the stadium and fixtures and fittings etc, in reality all paid for in cash terms
Whilst some of the income will already have been paid for up front re season tickets paid in full a year ahead / hospitality box deposits etc
What I think will be amazing is the staffing costs just to run the stadium on a daily basis, then add in all the extra stuff of last few years, pending academy structure, performance analysts, enlarged medical team, customer services call centre team, car park rentals, match transport costs, etc etc
Not hard to imagine that if you take season ticket income and match by match seat sales that these would just cover all the non palying staff costs and stadium fixed costs and then probably you might just have the £2m to £3m left over that we used to pay to players a few years ago
When the accounts come out maybe the club should print two pie charts in the programme - one re the £20m of costs, one re the £12m of income

Personally spend more on club than have ever done and probably can't keep up the current spend, an interesting challenge for the club.

Obviously we can look forward to everything being sponsored soon / more national type sponsors replacing local ones who can't afford the higher rates etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports