Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much for Mitrović?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
£70-£80m I’d guess, with no guarantee he’d want to join. It would be the antithesis of every signing we’ve ever made, the window closes in a few days. He is a good striker who had another good game against us. End of story.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I swear, everytime Fulham are promoted, he plays well for the first 10 games, everyone says they were wrong about him. Then he utterly disappears.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
He's fantastic for Fulham, and an absolute brute all over the pitch, but he's absolutely not our sort of player. We'd have to completely change our style of play with him up front.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's fantastic for Fulham, and an absolute brute all over the pitch, but he's absolutely not our sort of player. We'd have to completely change our style of play with him up front.

Why? Because he’s a goal machine?!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Why not? We need a goal scorer who knows the league? We have the cash!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He saves it for the Albion the *******

Although in fairness he has been quite good so far this season against other teams

I know, but that in itself is perhaps reason to buy him! :) Bit like Haha, loves an Albion fixture!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How much it would take for Fulham to sell their most important key to stay up in the PL? Probably £60-70m.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I swear, everytime Fulham are promoted, he plays well for the first 10 games, everyone says they were wrong about him. Then he utterly disappears.

Last time they didn’t give him a chance and he had zero service

They seem to building the team around him this year.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No. Played well last night but his lack of speed or passing ability would seriously affect our counter attacking play. Granted we didn’t show much of this last night. Anyway, we don’t buy players at silly prices off the shelf. I think it’s more a thread for Red Cafe (no offence OP, I’m assuming the thread is light hearted).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fulham wouldn't sell him. He is just too valuable to us. If he gets injured though, we're f****d.

He is a legend at Fulham quite rightly, I do not think he would entertain the idea of coming here, unless you got relegated again, simply a non starter in gossip.

Reference your fecked if he gets injured, that is nearly every club below the top six, Welbeck here, Adams at Southampton, Calvert Lewin or Gordon at Everton, Zaha at Palace the list goes on.

We just cannot compete at the same level as the top six, we can't afford 2 or 3 top strikers in reserve.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
£70-£80m I’d guess, with no guarantee he’d want to join. It would be the antithesis of every signing we’ve ever made, the window closes in a few days. He is a good striker who had another good game against us. End of story.

Yep, not a player who would easily adapt to Potter's style of play anyway. In anycase if we were to try and sign him it should have been in our Championship days, when Chris Hughton was in charge and he had managed Mitro at Newcastle. Would probably have managed to get him for a song then.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Find it odd those that say he wouldn't fit into our style. He's exactly the type of player we need to finish our moves off. He pulls defences all over the place, the same as Welbeck. He's a better Murray.

While we will never be in for him we really do need someone like him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Find it odd those that say he wouldn't fit into our style. He's exactly the type of player we need to finish our moves off. He pulls defences all over the place, the same as Welbeck. He's a better Murray.

While we will never be in for him we really do need someone like him.

I don't disagree, but it's Graham Potter you need to convince.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't disagree, but it's Graham Potter you need to convince.

Potter himself said we could do with another Welbeck type, he fits into that IMO.

When you want to break up play, get control of the ball, having a strong big fella upfront, buys freekicks. How often do you see Welbeck Murray and Mitrovic buying a freekick? With us last night we didn't have anyone in that position so when the ball went forward it was just hovered up by Fulham's defenders. That to me is obvious and when the team was announced it was apparent we would have to adopt the tactics of playing through Fulham. Last season when we went on our poor runs Potter admitted he had to change it up to move the ball quicker and longer. That led us to the great run at the end of the season and into this. To do it you need a focal point upfront. We all appreciate what Welbeck does, even though he rarely scores, much like Heskey did for Villa and England. Mitrovic offers the focal point and is currently on fire in front of goal.

The 20 goal a season player is fantasy but another clever "lump" upfront is achievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here