[Albion] How much are you enjoying this transfer window?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a scale of 10 (loving it) to zero (hating it) are you enjoying this transfer window

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Transfer windows are an absolute BOREFEST.

The whole Kane thing has absolutely sapped my will to live. Inescapable endless reports across months and months about nothing, that can ultimately all be summed up with "PLAYER UNDER CONTRACT STAYS AT CLUB". I also find all the vague speculation and tittle-tattle on who BHA are linked with to be tedious in the extreme.

I'm literally not interested in the slightest until the club announces it, with a picture of him holding a scarf over his head outside the training ground. Until that moment - just stay off my screens and out of my papers please. Until the deal is done, I don't care.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
What is there to love, Maybe if we get 2 top quality players in before window closes then yes. IF it's solely based on trying to Keep our essential players it's definitely NOT a good window.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
5 but could jump to 10 or plummet to 0 depending on what happens over the remaining days to the window closing.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Same as every summer - I start with the real hope that we will finally sign a quality striker so that we can look forward to a season aiming for mid-table, and I end feeling disappointed and frustrated that, yet again, we will either be "making do with what we've got" (so hovering just above the relegation zone again) or have bought youngsters "for the future" who are immediately loaned out.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I am so ‘ rumoured up’ that I can’t really raise a gallop over any possible comings and goings, so I shall just wait and see.
I think we did a great bit of business selling young Ben to Arsenal. I hope he does well, but the hype before the deal was sealed was ridiculous and made him out to be world class; however, when his debut turned out not to be , several pundits started their ‘teeth sucking’ routine.
PS. Would love a quality striker to be signed, but I am still breathing normally, if you get what I mean.::)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not the most exciting is it. Mwepu was done and dusted very quickly, no real build up or fanfare for someone who could turn out to be brilliant for us. Scherpen and Kitoma would have been exciting in other years but all rather matter of fact this one.

I'm glad there wasn't a prolonged saga with White, could have been painful but the band aid was ripped off fast. Likewise a complete absence of substantive Bissouma rumours has been good for the heart.

We're left with Cucurella and Nunez as the drawn out rumours, and if we get one or both without losing anyone else that will make it a pretty good window, but still one of the more run of the mill ones

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
5 for me, love how we have grown and our youngsters are going to Championship clubs etc. now instead of Bognor for progression loans. First team, I think we've done well to move on some of the dead wood but we haven't yet got any of the big gaps covered which is a worry.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
6 for me, don’t think “enjoy” is the right word. Overall just very proud of our club. Whoever comes in or leaves, feels like we are slowly making progress. Keep the faith. UTA.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
If this is our lot by Tuesday, 11PM then I'll be extremely disappointed. I'm happy with what we have but we need reinforcements. Just a couple injuries away from a long season wishing for 3 worse teams again.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We peaked at Dick Knights ‘5 signing January window’ and it’s all been downhill ever since

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So you don’t understand why a Man Utd fan would be excited by signing Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo?

Personally I don’t find transfers exciting. I think the speculation is totally mind numbing and am amazed anyone over the age of 15 falls for and takes any interest in all the shit put out on social and main stream media - see the ridiculous Edouard thread as an example.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter who the player is, where they come from or how much they cost anyway - some will work, some won’t. I’m more interested in player development and tactics - for a club like ours, these are much more important factors. But the signing of individual players wasn’t the subject of the OP anyway.

I understand fans getting excited about a certain player being signed but who on earth gets excited about a period of time when a club can register and release players?! It’s like the modern Sky Sports News era bullshit of claiming so and so have ‘won the transfer window!’ What the ****? Total nonsense.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
At the end of last season I’m sure I wasn’t alone in saying we just need a left back and a striker. Now we are 4 days away from the end of window and we still haven’t got either.

White was a brilliant bit of business and I didn’t feel gutted at all at losing him. On the other hand if we lose Biss it’ll be a big blow, so I would probably say shut the window now, forget about the striker and left back, and just keep what we’ve got.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like a good transfer saga. It's a pretty fun way to while away the occasionally dull summer months. The Vicente and Ali J threads were great. Unfortunately(from a whiling away the hours p.o.v) the club are very tight lipped over their transfer dealings nowadays so we're left with absolute drivel from random people on twitter.

This summer has been a prime example. Utterly dull. Luckily there's been a ton of other sport to watch so the summer months haven't been quite so dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports