Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will Barnsley bring down tomorrow?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

For the total attendance I think ticket sales will be 23,000 with 19,000 actually going in through the turnstiles

Given that the Albion always count all season ticket holders, and that we have around 23,000 of those, your estimate would seem to suggest that not a single additional ticket will be sold over and above STHs?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wasn't trying to have a dig. I would not be doing the trip the other way.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just went to Barnsley's main messageboard to have a nose. My God, what a clunky old thing that is, incredibly annoying interface.

I gave up after reading a couple of posts. We are indeed lucky on here.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hope this doesn't descend into a piss taking thread.

Barnsley has never been a fashionable place or football team, and they've plenty of competition up that way from other clubs. They're bottom of the league, on a miserable run, it's a Tuesday night game a couple of hundred miles away from home, only three weeks before Christmas.

Won't catch me having a dig at them- they're a proper football club with proper fans, so fair play to the ones who come for making the effort :clap2:

Agree with that.

Like all Northrrn clubs, they'll have some Southern exiles.

Add in one supporters coach and a few cars and I'm going for 162. Fair play to them all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Fair play to the Barnsley fans making the trip tomorrow night.
A small but loyal band of fans, whose efforts shouldn't to belittled.
( hence my little dig earlier )

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Just went to Barnsley's main messageboard to have a nose. My God, what a clunky old thing that is, incredibly annoying interface.

I gave up after reading a couple of posts. We are indeed lucky on here.
Our main forum? This one - http://v2.barnsleyfc.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?130-Bulletin-Board

I could have swore it was pretty much the same setup as NSC.

Anyway, you can add me onto your list of BFC fans not making the trip. And I wouldn't be coming if we were top of the league, either. It's just not a fixture that enthuses me. I actually forget you are in this division. That's not a dig. I just prefer the local games - of which we have many - and with Burnley and Leeds trips coming up, as well as Xmas, well, it's an easy decision.

Were the game set for a weekend in August/May, then I suppose I could find some enthusiasm, make a weekend of it etc. I hope that happens in the future as I am yet to tick the Amex off my list of stadia visited. I did visit the Withdean, though. Unfortunately, (and amazingly, given where both clubs have been in the last 20 odd years) it seems we are both heading in different directions, and are not in the same division already, in terms of finances and attendance figures etc.

Fair play to you all. And good luck, also. I saw a bit of your game on TV Saturday, and I think you'll be picking up a very easy victory tomorrow night.

We're in the sh1t. Deep. In my time supporting BFC (26 years) it's been spent mainly in the second tier, a year in the Prem, and four in the third tier. With FA Cup semi's and quarter's thrown in. So I'm not looking forward to tasting the third tier again, and wondering if we'll ever get back out. My father tells me it was horrific in the 70's, the fourth tier and all that entailed. But I'll still be there at Oakwell. But I doubt I'll be travelling to Dagenham or Portsmouth on a Tuesday night.. :wink:

The 5 lowest away supported league opponents at the Amex are as follows-

Bolton 570 - Saturday September 2013 - 26,319 crowd
Blackburn 548 - Tuesday February 2013 - 24,759
Bristol City 395 - Tuesday November 2012 - 23,649
Barnsley 297 - Saturday August 2012 - 24,594
Peterborough 247 - Tuesday November 2012 - 23,703

I predict a sub 200 from Barnsley tonight.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Barnsley has never been a fashionable place or football team, and they've plenty of competition up that way from other clubs. They're bottom of the league, on a miserable run, it's a Tuesday night game a couple of hundred miles away from home, only three weeks before Christmas.

Won't catch me having a dig at them- they're a proper football club with proper fans, so fair play to the ones who come for making the effort

Quite.

Given that the Albion always count all season ticket holders, and that we have around 23,000 of those, your estimate would seem to suggest that not a single additional ticket will be sold over and above STHs?

Fairly decent turnout tonight despite Barnsley meagre offering- over 25k as special price promotion - I've managed to entice an extra two to come.:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fairly decent turnout tonight despite Barnsley meagre offering- over 25k as special price promotion - I've managed to entice an extra two to come.:thumbsup:

Dougie and SE20 ? :ohmy:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Dougie and SE20 ? :ohmy:

But surely they won't want to miss the high point of their season - and I don't mean the home debut of Pulis. The unveiling of the new cladding will be one of very few special unmissable moments for those desperate Palace fans.

Come to think of it will the cladding stand up to balls being hoofed into it by Pulis's new tactics?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Some rather unpleasant sneering going on in this thread. As Edna has said, Barnsley are a proper football club and, in their circumstances, I doubt we'd be taking too many up to Oakwell.

So I for one will be applauding their fans tonight. Even if only 25 of them turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here