Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many sth didn't attend today?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must of been around 6,000 to 7,000:ohmy: A warning to the club that these could wander off as easily as they arrived,treat them well barber???

Why should he treat that as a warning? If, as you vaguely estimate (as usual) 6,000 STHs couldn't be arsed, we did pretty bloody well to get nearly 22,000 others through the turnstiles. The club don't only care about STHs, because not everyone can afford one.

TV today had a bigger impact than the ticket price, IMHO, as if it hadn't been on TV, plenty of the stayaways would have got off their arses. I wouldn't mind betting that half of those moaning about prices spend more than their ticket price on beers every weekend anyway. Me, I paid for my seat (£32), I watched the game, and I bloody loved it. Did I resent that? Not a bit of it. I can only hope for your sake that it was as much fun watching on TV.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I was working: I work shifts in a special needs school and although I have a nice boss who has managed to Arrange my shifts so I can attend most Saturday home games this was just to early a kick off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why should he treat that as a warning? If, as you vaguely estimate (as usual) 6,000 STHs couldn't be arsed, we did pretty bloody well to get nearly 22,000 others through the turnstiles. The club don't only care about STHs, because not everyone can afford one.

TV today had a bigger impact than the ticket price, IMHO, as if it hadn't been on TV, plenty of the stayaways would have got off their arses. I wouldn't mind betting that half of those moaning about prices spend more than their ticket price on beers every weekend anyway. Me, I paid for my seat (£32), I watched the game, and I bloody loved it. Did I resent that? Not a bit of it. I can only hope for your sake that it was as much fun watching on TV.

From now on, I think I'm just going to quote all your posts to save the bother of typing my own. Totally agree, as usual.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can't understand why any STH would have wanted to miss that... the only reason can surely be the ticket price.

Not necessarily true, being on TV and giving people an option where to watch the game must have played a big part in their decision whether to go or not rather then purely basing the decision on price (plus there will be other reasons such as working, etc)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If we had only 10,000 sth we would have got 25,000 today,when the majority could pick and choose they would turn up for the big games but as sth they feel obliged to go to most league games and miss the extra game that has to be paid for:mad:

Most would be going because they get enjoyment from attending and not because it is an obligation they feel they need to fulfill.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
people pay the same amount to watch us play far worse teams than newcastle. i honestly cant see what the fuss is about. They didnt jack the prices up, they just kept them at the same rate as they do for every single other game played at the amex this season. do you think the services we use, i.e caterers, transport, electricity lower their prices based on who we play? no.

Not sure how you work that one out.....my ST is 395 plus the extra bit for the travel (35 i seem to remember) making a total of.....wait for it.......430. Divide that by the number of home games and that for me is just a shade over 18 for each game. 28 for today is obviously.....wait for it again......10 more than i would normally pay. So don't see how the prices are the same mate!

And what about those who go to league games at the Amex but don't have season tickets?

How much more would they be paying for this cup game compared to a league game where they would also pay full price (clue, they don't get a discount) Or do you think everyone going to the league games are either away fans or STHs?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If I lived in Sussex I would have gone but for me it was ticket price, plus £35 petrol, plus third weekend with a whole day away from my family.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I am a WSU season ticket holder and didn't go.

I live in Kent - so add 20 quid on top of the ticket for travel and my disdain
for the cup and maybe you can see why I would rather use the money to
support the lads in Brum for example. Choices is what it boils down to for me.

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
My mate and I left Glos at 07.45 yesterday both sth in dicks bar for 11 so glad we made the effort,it never crossed my mind to stay at home and settle for the arm chair !!!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I think alot of people have missed a very valued point and that is the tickets went on sale 3 weeks before, wait for it CHRISTMAS. Which if I'm not very much mistaken is the most expensive time for everyone one in the country, Unless your in prison.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Great post...hope everyone enjoyed the game..now lets get derby sold out and get the amex rocking with atmosphere.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Its not that the south stand supporters weren't there.....we just got a chance to buy some better seats in the other stands.

And after enjoying the atmosphere in the north...i will find it hard to sit back in the silent south.

Will definitely be chasing more north stand tickets on here!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Must of been around 6,000 to 7,000:ohmy: A warning to the club that these could wander off as easily as they arrived,treat them well barber???

What a day yesterday, the atmosphere at the ground was great, lots of loud chants & singing, nobody around me moaning and most people stayed 'til the final whistle to cheer their team on; brilliant, what a result!

There is a small risk that some of the absentees may "wander off" but a really positive outcome would be that amongst them would be the flaky fans who moan incessantly on here and certainly weren't missed yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here