Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many sth didn't attend today?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The match gave a lot of people who were not regulars the opportunity to go , which may result in some of them coming back or purchasing ST's. In all the attendance was only 5,000 down on the stadiums best ever - plus the result must mean a great day for the Club and us.:albion2:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I loved watching Albion get a fantastic win on TV and hope all at the ground had a great experience, I was there last season and will be remembered for years to come but every home game is like an away game for me meaning 3 home games on the trot is just too much when u have a family and have to juggle work commitments. This witch hunt is stupid and does us no favours!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
we have alot of fans with st this year who were armchair fans a couple of seasons ago ,don't be fooled by the great numbers at the moment,we need these numbers for a couple more seasons to make sure they get the albion fever!:mad:

Exactly. Still riding on the crest of the wave of incredible new stadium and the overall ascent of the club under Gus's title winners.

Giving something back to the fans, especially the less better off, with cheap pricing today would have been great pr, and ma have given similar income with a 27,000 sell out.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I'm a season ticket holder in WSL along with my 10 year old son. He had to go with his mum to see his Auntie in Devon over the weekend and I promised him I wouldn't go without him.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Why are so many people always looking for someone to blame on here? If its not Barber it's the price of tickets, if its not the price of tickets it's because we have loads of so called new fans! I'm a season ticket holder but couldn't make it today, wanted to be there but couldn't. Nothing to do with price, Barber, pies, standing terraces......just had other commitments. Sorry for letting you down, must do better in future!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why are so many people always looking for someone to blame on here? If its not Barber it's the price of tickets, if its not the price of tickets it's because we have loads of so called new fans! I'm a season ticket holder but couldn't make it today, wanted to be there but couldn't. Nothing to do with price, Barber, pies, standing terraces......just had other commitments. Sorry for letting you down, must do better in future!

its because some people dont have lives outside of NSC and the Albion.....they think that you have to attend every game and buy every shirt to be a REAL fan.....They are the ones who need to get a life..

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I can't make the next round on the 26th so am hoping for a dull tie which we can easily win or Man Utd at home so I can sell my ticket for a right few quid.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
people pay the same amount to watch us play far worse teams than newcastle. i honestly cant see what the fuss is about. They didnt jack the prices up, they just kept them at the same rate as they do for every single other game played at the amex this season. do you think the services we use, i.e caterers, transport, electricity lower their prices based on who we play? no.

Not sure how you work that one out.....my ST is 395 plus the extra bit for the travel (35 i seem to remember) making a total of.....wait for it.......430. Divide that by the number of home games and that for me is just a shade over 18 for each game. 28 for today is obviously.....wait for it again......10 more than i would normally pay. So don't see how the prices are the same mate!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just out of interest:
Out of the 4,359 wsu seats, how many very approximately weren't taken do you estimate?

Maximum of 3,000 possibly less

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Maximum of 3,000 possibly less

Yep, I'd go with that.

Out of interest how full were the corporate seats?
I assume all of them will have been included in attendance figures as cup games are included for 1901 ticket holders.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd say it was about half full.

You may be right, no queues for toilets at half-time and no queue for food before and a lot of space to move around.

Maybe only around half the normal attendance in WSU however they may have purchased cheaper tickets elsewhere in the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here