Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how many seats for lib-dems

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
simple question how many seats do you think the lib dems will get in the general election.

i think that they could get a large proportion of labour votes and collect between 150 and 200 seats.

whats your prediction

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Be very lucky to get over 100. 80-90 is a realistic result.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They need a ridiculously massive swing to get more than 100, which I can't see happening, anything over 80 would have to be regarded as a huge success.

I predict something like 85-90

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think they'll get lots of VOTES, but we all know that that won't necessarily equate seats. Think they have a good chance at getting near second place, but still think they'll be in the minority this year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will as usual get plenty of wasted votes as they will not have sufficient to trouble either Tory or Labour as Cameron will win with an overall majority so that all the votes for Lib Dem will be for nothing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They'll probably come 2nd in popular vote but only get 90-100 seats, although I'm sure there must be a cliff edge somewhere in percentage support that would turn many of their 2nd places into wins and give them a fairer proportion of MPs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think they'll get about 80. They'd be over the moon if they got 100.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They will as usual get plenty of wasted votes as they will not have sufficient to trouble either Tory or Labour as Cameron will win with an overall majority so that all the votes for Lib Dem will be for nothing.

Let's all vote Tory then, as any vote that isn't for the party that wins is obviously a wasted vote!

:wozza:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they could break into low 100s. to go further depends if core Labour vote in the northern urban seats decides Labour have abandoned them and vote for Liberals instead of sitting at home. im not sure they are quite pissed off enough for that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
75 - 80. They will come second in a lot of seats

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think they'll get lots of VOTES, but we all know that that won't necessarily equate seats. Think they have a good chance at getting near second place, but still think they'll be in the minority this year.

This is exactly correct. They will win a lot of the popular vote, but unfortunately (for them) lots of those will be in seats that they will come second in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
85-90. Looks like traditional Tory voters who said they would vote LibDem for a change have swung back to the Conservatives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here