The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do the cycling overlords of NSC think that anyone who buys a hybrid bike has any desire to take it off road?
I may be wrong but I took that comment as being somewhat snooty and condescending.
I used to have a hybrid but found it a bit pointless, it's not like you can really take it off-road.
I'd be curious to know if Badger felt he was an NSC cycling 'overlord'

I feel this is where the bike industry has got it wrong. Hybrids are not bikes capable of off and on road riding really, they are commuting bikes with an upright mountain bike position. The sooner these bikes are renamed Commuters the better as far as I am concerned.
If there are 'overlords', the Pantani is one and he is giving the correct advise, in part backing up your statement.
If you're going to look down on someone I suggest you do it with some knowledge.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I may be wrong but I took that comment as being somewhat snooty and condescending.

I'd be curious to know if Badger felt he was an NSC cycling 'overlord'

If there are 'overlords', the Pantani is one and he is giving the correct advise, in part backing up your statement.
If you're going to look down on someone I suggest you do it with some knowledge.

Of course I'm an overlord, I've got a cape and everything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course I'm an overlord, I've got a cape and everything.
I know sweet pea.
I was meaning a specific cycling Overlord, not THE over everything Overlord.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Wow. Talk about a massivly defensive over-reaction. I have absolutely no knowledge of bikes or cycling - nor would I ever claim to have. Its years since I even fixed a puncture, so I certainly wouldn't condescend to anybody on the subject. I'm not 'looking down' on anyone. What a very strange statement.

Statements like 'hybrid bikes are pointless because they aren't really any good off-road', are exactly the kind of thing I meant - based on assumpuntion (of what the purchaser intends to do with it).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. Talk about a massivly defensive over-reaction. I have absolutely no knowledge of bikes or cycling - nor would I ever claim to have. Its years since I even fixed a puncture, so I certainly wouldn't condescend to anybody on the subject. I'm not 'looking down' on anyone. What a very strange statement.
Then I very much apologise.
As said, I took the 'cycling overlords' & bad advise as a swipe at the NSC cycling community.
Which then did get me very defensive, as I do think the posters with some cycling knowledge do a very good job in helping those that don't.

Once again I apologise for giving you short shrift.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then I very much apologise.
As said, I took the 'cycling overlords' & bad advise as a swipe at the NSC cycling community.
Which then did get me very defensive, as I do think the posters with some cycling knowledge do a very good job in helping those that don't.

Once again I apologise for giving you short shrift.

You're forgiven!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here