Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Brighton fans out there???

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I was just wandering how many Brighton fans are out there. I got a taxi home from work tonight. The taxi driver was listening to the results of the match he said he used to see Brighton at the Goldstone regulary but now does not go anymore. I've met quiet a few people like him and the question is if we get Falmer will they return???

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Yes, they will.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
We shall build it they shall come, Garlic Bread its the Future I've tasted it!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When Southampton moved from the Dell to St Marys their crowds went from 15000 to 30000 and have stayed constant since

Nov 3, 2003
Saints also vastly improvd their football and league pos to hover around enytry into Europe and i think you'll find it was this that influenced the biger crowds not a new stadium! Likewise if we plough all money into Falmer and at the expense of the team we will be sliding down the league and the attendances may even go down rather than up!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That's because every game was a sell out and there was lots of demand.
The Albion aren't selling out every game at the moment.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Downloaded Penguin said:
That's because every game was a sell out and there was lots of demand.
The Albion aren't selling out every game at the moment.

That's because your average casual fan assumes that all games are sold out, and doesn't bother calling the club to see if (s)he can get a ticket or not.

Of course we will get improved attendances. Cover from the rain, decent facilities for kids and families, and the luxuries that encourage all-comers will fill seats. Comfort, space, facilities, catering, social amenities and an attractive 'complete package' will add to the atmosphere. The cigar-munchers aren't going to Withdean, nor are casual supporters, families, or 'newbies'. The existing hardcore 6,000 might keep coming (which is impressive actually) but none of the above to keep the crowd growing.

Falmer is an addition to Brighton City that is well past due.
If lethargy and nimbargy keep a stadium in the dreamworld, then what is the point in living in Brighton at all? For the Palace Pier, Lanes and Royal Pavilion? haha.............. ha, for Brighton area residents that is simply bloody pathetic !

Oh yeah, mustn't forget the dog track :shootself

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Ticket prices will be able to come down when Falmer is built. And with better facilities than Withdean, this will attract more fans, even if we are doing shite.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
perth seagull said:
Ticket prices will be able to come down when Falmer is built. And with better facilities than Withdean, this will attract more fans, even if we are doing shite.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for ticket prices to come down once Falmer is built. Especially as we'll be playing Div 1 football there:ascarf: :cheers:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There'll be inwards investment leading to bigger player budgets leading to more success on the pitch leading to further inwards investment and so on. Who knows, maybe even cheaper ticket prices. It'll be a fine fine day when the only thing we've got to worry about is how to fill our shiny new stadium. What a brilliant problem to have.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
FG aka Football Genius. said:
Saints also vastly improvd their football and league pos to hover around enytry into Europe and i think you'll find it was this that influenced the biger crowds not a new stadium! Likewise if we plough all money into Falmer and at the expense of the team we will be sliding down the league and the attendances may even go down rather than up!

No, I'll think you'll find the new stadium facilitated their rise up the table. They were always shit when they had the Dell.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
A bloke at work said he would go again once we get falmer, he said about the tickets being to high and the hassle getting them pus him off

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That 'hassle' excuse is starting to wear a bit thin now. Certainly been true the past couple of seasons but anybody in town could have just walked into the club shop off the street for the past fewgames and bought as many as they liked. Maybe the club should invest a bit more in advertising the fact.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm not a season ticket holder the last couple of seasons I got the "Dear Supporter" letter when I did not get a ticket it does put you off. At the mo it is much easier once the postal ballott has been done there is always tickets available. Your right the club needs to advertise the fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here