Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many 1901ers on here

Are you a member of 1901?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
WTF is going on with all this 1901, gold, platinum, plain season ticket holder talk? Living overseas I've not been paying too much attention to it all. Why are people gettin so worked up/worried about it? And why are there so many different bloody levels of season tickets?! What's wrong with just bloody turning up and watching the game? Why does every single fan seem to need to have a season ticket?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Within the 1901 club there is the Platinum membership and then the gold membership platinum has more central seats and slightly better bars and lounges and 1 more cap parking space.

Me and my dad have got gold 1901 membership and he has supported them for 40yrs and we have both had season tickets at withdean the whole time and go to 75% of away games.

Are seats are with another 6-8(not too sure) who have supported the albion all their lives. When i went to one of the presentations everyone there were bha fans who i had seen at home and away games, no business men and jonny come latelys, just fans who want to pay a bit extra for a few extras. :bhasign:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh shit, I'm in Gold...... have I been missold!!

Worse, your in the same club as HB&B. When you get to meet him maybe you can find out whether he was bullied at school, or maybe he is permanently in the shadow of someone more successful than he is.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
More to the point, what is this 'hatred' towards 1901 members? In the main it is a few people saying the club haven't handled normal season ticket sales well.

Jan 30, 2008
More to the point, what is this 'hatred' towards 1901 members? In the main it is a few people saying the club haven't handled normal season ticket sales well.
"hatred" , that's a strong word, are you sure about that ? more like pissed off ???

Revilop

All aboard the Gus bus!
Jul 13, 2010
Worthing, West Sussex
I dont like all this division of 'hardcore' Albion fans, and reletaviely new Albion fans! Everyone is paying good money to come and watch the mighty Albion play, so what's the problem? When a club starts playing well, there gonna start accumulating more fans, are the older 'hardcore' fans going to always resent the new comers? Because at the end of the day, it's probably this division that creates a poor atmosphere at home games! I think everyone should accept there will be fans turning to the Albion in the near future, and all should accept and embrace this new era for Brighton And Hove Albion Football Club, and look forward to successful years to come in our new stadium!
Just my opinion, feel free to agree/ disagree with me!

GuyButtersLob

Nov 6, 2010
Anyone who is a true Albion fan should welcome the influx of support.
Do those that resent the 1901 club want us to take 7,000 fans to Falmer or perhaps remain at the Withdean?

GuyButtersLob

Nov 6, 2010
:facepalm:you've missed the point

By reading a few comments I believed that 'the point' is that the club have put 'new' supporters first? If they pay for the stadium and provide money for the squad then there should be no complaints. It's not as if us loyal fans will miss out on seats (has the away situation been confirmed?).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worse, your in the same club as HB&B. When you get to meet him maybe you can find out whether he was bullied at school, or maybe he is permanently in the shadow of someone more successful than he is.

Oh shit, refund time!!!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Me and my dad have gone for Platinum 1901, might sell it in 5 years and go back to being a regular ST holder. Thought we would get the best out of the new stadium after Gillingham and 11 years at Withdean.

Been a season ticket holder since we left the Goldstone, probably go to 25% of away games.

Most people I have met that have joined 1901 are current ST holders and albion mad like me.

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
I have followed the Seagulls since 1989 but have never been a STH. Have been to games got drenched and froze my ********s off in the South stand. Promised myself a ST in the promised land of falmer. Question is do I go for something nice like the 1901 club or mingle with the troops. I am not sure which to go for but think maybe far more fun would be had being part of the core supporters rather than the suit and tie brigade. Any views in here??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've had one since season 98-99. In my case I live north of London and travel to matches by public transport, I find it very difficult to get home from Withdean after evening games and I think it will be more difficult from Falmer, particularly if we go back to 8.00pm kick offs, as we had for the first Withdean season. I've been watching The Albion since 1958 and in recent years, particularly at Gillingham I felt I had to go to help keep the club alive. From the end of the current season I intend to watch local non-league football, which I already do when Albion are either out of range, or not playing, and I'm delighted that Albion's future is now assured with a new generation of fans eager to buy season tickets.

Fair play to you mate, and your support help keep the club alive along with many others. Respect

Oct 6, 2010
I have followed the Seagulls since 1989 but have never been a STH. Have been to games got drenched and froze my ********s off in the South stand. Promised myself a ST in the promised land of falmer. Question is do I go for something nice like the 1901 club or mingle with the troops. I am not sure which to go for but think maybe far more fun would be had being part of the core supporters rather than the suit and tie brigade. Any views in here??

1 or 2!!

Search 1901 thread titles

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
To many people turn round and say i don't watch them because Withdean is s*it, yes it is. But what happened to supporting the club through thick and thin...
I want to be appreciated for supporting them through thin times!

What thin times? do you mean at the place where we won 2 championships back to back, promotion via the play offs and the possibility of another promotion this season - hardly thin times imo

The whole anti - thing smacks of jealousy and a me first attitude.

How exactly is that going to help the club either now or in its long term future? by scaring potential fans away who would be willing to put money into the club, either as occasional fans or as new sth's.

Get over yourselves and start thinking what harm that attitude can do to the long term future of the club, do you really want us to play in div 2 with 6k crowds just because that way they are not 'new' fans or 'richer than you'

If people carry on or even escalate this hostility towards those starting or returning to watching the albion, all they will achieve is to drive them away and we will suffer on the pitch too as we won't have the money to invest in players and so on.

All fans have to start somewhere and if someone is prepared to put a minimum of £6440 into the club by having a 1901 platinum seat for 5 years then i feel they should be welcomed and not despised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here