Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long in to next season will Hughton get?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think many of us actually believe he is the right man do we??
His team is showing a level of consistency...

...which is nice.

He would appear to be a genuine, level headed, kind of guy.
He would appear to be respected throughout the game.

Chris Hughton has 1 decision to get right, over the next 4 months.

GOALS

Or he's gone.

Oh and it won't be Bloom or the board that will get rid.
It'll be the simple economics of a half empty stadium and 1901 renewals.

Last edited:

Assuming he is given the summer to build his own team how many games would you give him to prove he is a better manager than he is currently showing?

I fully expect Him to walk before pre season,the heart and soul of this club has been ripped out by Barber. Bloom,quite clearly has absolutely no interest in the playing side,the club,on the pitch is dying a slow death,all the whoppers that were told to Hughton at his interview will become clear to Him in the summer.
There will not be three clubs worse than us next season.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
There's quite a few on here who hint at dark forces behind the scenes; or question the non-football side of the club. I've no knowldege of what goes on in the Amex offices, but from the outside looking in, we would appear to be a well run club looking to do things by the book and responsibly. Yes, you could say investment in players has been poor, as much through selection as willingness to splash the cash, and when compared to say Bournemouth you could say we've gone for infrastructure over player (and player wages). But, we don't seem to be a basket case ala Leeds and Blackpool.

So. what is it this serious problem? I can see football people would get frustrated with Barber and clearly Burke had relationship issues with quite a few, but he's gone. Is it that those on the footballing side don't like having to be more accountable to a non-football person like Barber - is it purely managers getting frustrated that we won't stump up the wages / contracts to bring in the players they want? Or is it something deeper and darker that prevents us being able to kick a football in the direction of a goal?

Sensible post. There is always some conflict between those in control of the purse strings and those whose job it is to produce the goods.
Its Poyet/Garcia/Hyypia/Hughton's job to ask for the money and Barbers/Blooms to say yes or no. Its just unfortunate that it appears the budget controllers have said 'no' a little too often. I know for a fact that Bloom and Brighton are well known in football circles as low/poor payers. You can see that as a good thing or a bad one but clearly its done us no favours this season with the quality of players we have got or bought.

I reckon he will get the whole season unless we are in the utter sh*t.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He will be gone before next season starts !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sensible post. There is always some conflict between those in control of the purse strings and those whose job it is to produce the goods.
Its Poyet/Garcia/Hyypia/Hughton's job to ask for the money and Barbers/Blooms to say yes or no. Its just unfortunate that it appears the budget controllers have said 'no' a little too often. I know for a fact that Bloom and Brighton are well known in football circles as low/poor payers. You can see that as a good thing or a bad one but clearly its done us no favours this season with the quality of players we have got or bought.

I reckon he will get the whole season unless we are in the utter sh*t.

Bloom and Barber are picking the teams , formations etc etc choosing which players start and where, its so bloody obvious its ridiculous.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
The full season, he inhereted someone elses squad and a squad low on confidence. his brief this season would have been to keep us up and it's job done. Next season will be much. much better.

This this and more of this. Farcical to suggest otherwise. Probably one of the most experienced Championship managers out there, I can only think of Mick Mccarthy who has had more Championship success, give him the summer and a decent budget and we will be fine. I know his previous working relationship with Best has tainted his reputation with some on here but I think it was just a speculative flyer at the time that has not worked out at all. Had to try something to find a goal scorer and frankly we still need to.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We would still have Hyypia if he hadn't resigned. I don't see TB as an "It was a mistake I will make a change" sort of guy

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It depends what our ambitions are. If it is to stay up then he'll get the whole season. If it is top 6 I imagine he'll be gone by October.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure we have a choice, he has done what he was brought in to do...almost, so deserves the chance. I question whether he will be allowed to get his own players and also whether he will be boring us to death next season. It's telling that it took him eight months to get a job after his Norwich sacking.

He did actually turn 3 jobs down in that 8 month period as well though. A lot of jobs are secured and spurned before the press even get a sniff of what is going on. Football clubs are getting cleverer with their interview processes because they know that staff at the clubs and staff in UK hotelssell stories to the press when meetings go on here in the UK. Consequently some interviews are done in hotels in the Middle East now to avoid this.

The press like to think they are ahead of the game but they are usually about a 4 or 5 day catch up with them lagging behind whats going on

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That always confused me. For a master of the universe, you think he would know how to construct sentences wouldn't you. Dr who manages it and he is over a thousand years old!

Yoda speaks a dialect of Galactic Basic Standard :facepalm:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
CH should be able to bring in 2 or 3 of his own and then given the season to gell and develop. of course if he loses 4 in a row he'll be toast.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Long as it takes. Bored of these threads about Hughton

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It does not really matter whether or not CH stays or goes as it depends upon the policy of the board which does not seem anything other than maintaining the 'Good Guys' FFP, here we are we are doing our best etc. No good manager, GP, OG or CH ( note I left out SH ) was ever going to achieve promotion to the Premier League with his hands tied behind his back.

FWIW, I reckoned that we had a better chance of promotion to the premier league in the first two seasons at the Amex but, given the extremely negative approach to the financial situation, the Albion was destined to remain where it is now. Other Chairmen / Boards have bitten the bullet and gone for it. Frankly, it is now extremely difficult to see (or even imagine) when / how promotion to the Premier League can ever be attained given the number of Championship clubs now benefiting from parachute payments.

I watched the play off shambles against Palace and, in my memory, GP never got off his backside once during that game when promotion was there for the taking. SO, what was cooking behind the scenes and it certainly cannot have been anything to do with pooh ?

Most probably 'we' decided to NOT go for it !

Just my opinion like !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least he will have the summer to take his pick of those available rather than the last 5 days of the transfer window and thus make desperate signings in haste to regret at leisure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here