Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long in to next season will Hughton get?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I believe he is. It's just the squad he has inherited aren't good enough and quite frankly aren't up to the task. Bar a few player's.

Exactly this.

You can be the best tactical general in the world but if the weaponry at your disposal isn't good enough, you'll lose the battle.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly this.

You can be the best tactical general in the world but if the weaponry at your disposal isn't good enough, you'll lose the battle.

It would help if our General taught the troops which end of the rifle to point at the enemy (using your military example).

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
No kidding.

I mean it: if even Mr bloody nice guy Hughton becomes the latest poor sod to walk the Albion manager's office gangplank this summer, then it's abundantly clear to everyone - bar the most demented of drooling club sycophants - that there is a SERIOUS problem behind the scenes with how this club is run. And that's a problem that will urgently need to be addressed if things are ever, ever to improve.

Personally, I've long suspected that that's the case, really ever since the Poyet debacle. These are self-inflicted wounds, IMHO. Honestly, what a farce.

There's quite a few on here who hint at dark forces behind the scenes; or question the non-football side of the club. I've no knowldege of what goes on in the Amex offices, but from the outside looking in, we would appear to be a well run club looking to do things by the book and responsibly. Yes, you could say investment in players has been poor, as much through selection as willingness to splash the cash, and when compared to say Bournemouth you could say we've gone for infrastructure over player (and player wages). But, we don't seem to be a basket case ala Leeds and Blackpool.

So. what is it this serious problem? I can see football people would get frustrated with Barber and clearly Burke had relationship issues with quite a few, but he's gone. Is it that those on the footballing side don't like having to be more accountable to a non-football person like Barber - is it purely managers getting frustrated that we won't stump up the wages / contracts to bring in the players they want? Or is it something deeper and darker that prevents us being able to kick a football in the direction of a goal?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has to have a full season. We cannot have yet another season of change. Continuity will get us where we want to be.

Is change necessarily a bad thing? I'm playing devil's advocate here, but both Leeds & Watford have had 4 managers each this season, & they have fared better than us.
Don't get me wrong, I would love a settled team & manager to build something good, but change doesn't always cause more problems.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Is change necessarily a bad thing? I'm playing devil's advocate here, but both Leeds & Watford have had 4 managers each this season, & they have fared better than us.
Don't get me wrong, I would love a settled team & manager to build something good, but change doesn't always cause more problems.

True. It has caused us more problems though recently. He has pretty much achieved his objective and kept us in this division. Le him build his own squad and see what happens next season (assuming he can make the necessary personnel changes, that is)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The manager is a proven competent performer at this level.

If he has some players which can perform at this level in the final third he should at least be able to get us into upper mid table.

The question should be who could we attract as a manager if we continue to sign utter shite moving forwards.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I really wouldn't be surprised if he walks before the start of the season now he has seen the magnitude of his task.

We live in hope. Seems to be a nice man but...

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
as others said should have left Jones in charge, I believe he would of done better and he wouldn't have brought barndoor best in. just scrub this season from memory and hopefully boring hughton will bring in his own players in the summer(hopefully not best), Give him till November/December if no change then bye bye chris

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The full season, he inhereted someone elses squad and a squad low on confidence. his brief this season would have been to keep us up and it's job done. Next season will be much. much better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Beginning of December.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If this carries on. In the words of Yoda "Poisoned chalice Is Brighton. No manager will go"

That always confused me. For a master of the universe, you think he would know how to construct sentences wouldn't you. Dr who manages it and he is over a thousand years old!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really wouldn't be surprised if he walks before the start of the season now he has seen the magnitude of his task.

Yes..his demeanor in press conferences seem to be heading south!

Wouldn't surprise me if he is gone

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Well the board won't sack him even if we was bottom after 10 games and the board will say like they did with Hyypia, we'll not bow to fan pressure but it'll be the fans who'll remove him like Hyypia.

It seems the club treat the fans with contempt, we're just fodder and irrelevance but want our cash to watch dire football but paying sky high prices for it. The fans will rebel and voice their anger not just at houghton but the board.

Next season will like this season. Feel free to bounce this when ever you like next season.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If we are not a comfortable top 8 after 12 games, he will be teetering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here