Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how in the world did cms score over 30 goals the season prier to us bying him.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Something we can't challenge is his endeavour and will to succeed. How many times have we seen CMS chasing down the fullback in the final seconds of a game - when other players' minds are already in the dressing room?

He's set a great example; never moans, is very proud to play for the Albion. It makes his unspectacular spell for the club all the more disappointing.

I'd like to think that many others will be sad to see him leave. Not because we're losing a player who could potentially fire us into the Premier League. But because it DIDN'T work - and he happened to be a really decent bloke throughout that time.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Something we can't challenge is his endeavour and will to succeed. How many times have we seen CMS chasing down the fullback in the final seconds of a game - when other players' minds are already in the dressing room?

He's set a great example; never moans, is very proud to play for the Albion. It makes his unspectacular spell for the club all the more disappointing.

I'd like to think that many others will be sad to see him leave. Not because we're losing a player who could potentially fire us into the Premier League. But because it DIDN'T work - and he happened to be a really decent bloke throughout that time.

Agree, but I don't think it is over for him. He is a candidate for a year extention but on more realistic money. As a squad member he has his uses, and it was a shame that his goal was unfairly ruled offside Saturday.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Agree, but I don't think it is over for him. He is a candidate for a year extention but on more realistic money. As a squad member he has his uses, and it was a shame that his goal was unfairly ruled offside Saturday.

I just can't see CMS accepting a long-term 'squad role' on considerably less money. He seems very motivated and (despite too many underwhelming displays) seems to set himself high standards. He doesn't strike me as a player who's happy to sit on the sidelines, waiting for the odd cameo role. I'd expect him to leave and fight for a regular first team place elsewhere (wherever that may be).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Totally agree. Maybe time for him to accept it isn't really working at this level and drop back down a division where he'd probably be pretty effective against flat-footed less-smart defenders.Unlike the Championship-level defenders who invariably have his number. Could definitely do a job. Just not here.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Totally agree. Maybe time for him to accept it isn't really working at this level and drop back down a division where he'd probably be pretty effective against flat-footed less-smart defenders.Unlike the Championship-level defenders who invariably have his number. Could definitely do a job. Just not here.

Spot on. Once settled and with the right team-mates around him, I'd expect him to do very well at that level. I certainly hope so.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I just can't see CMS accepting a long-term 'squad role' on considerably less money. He seems very motivated and (despite too many underwhelming displays) seems to set himself high standards. He doesn't strike me as a player who's happy to sit on the sidelines, waiting for the odd cameo role. I'd expect him to leave and fight for a regular first team place elsewhere (wherever that may be).

He would have to take a drop in wages regardless of where he will end up, and if he does go, it could well be a division drop, possibly to Peterborough. A large part of a footballing career can be about sitting on the sidelines and being ready for the inevitable injury to another player.

I can't help thinking that Poyet's style played a part in his lack of confidence. He still has a few games to turn his fortune around but if he does go, like you, I wish him well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here