• Beat Palace 5-0 at the weekend, but fail to qualify for Europe

Votes: 55 28.9%
  • Lose to Palace 5-0, but still qualify for Europe

Votes: 135 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In all honesty, I dislike Chelsea more than Palace at the moment.

Whilst I agree with this - Chelsea have been doing my head in recently - there has been a lot of these mini grudges over the years. Orient in the 90s, Southampton and Adkins, Gillingham to a degree, Charlton sent buses down to plunder our fans and I personally have always hated Portsmouth (I even bought the video of us beating them 1-0 in the cup kids). The one constant though is Palace. In 20 years time they will still be our rivals when Chelsea have been relegated to the National League for financial irregularities and we are planning to retain the Champions League.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is the lamest most stupid thread for some time. It’s bad enough the endlessly dull media repeatedly question our very long and very fierce rivalry twice a season. Every season. For our own fans to perpetuate this too is idiotic and historically ignorant.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is the lamest most stupid thread for some time. It’s bad enough the endlessly dull media repeatedly question our very long and very fierce rivalry twice a season. Every season. For our own fans to perpetuate this too is idiotic and historically ignorant.
Or maybe people just have different opinions?
Valid question I thought, and I'd definitely choose Europe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Or maybe people just have different opinions?
Valid question I thought, and I'd definitely choose Europe.
If you question our rivalry then you’re not a proper Albion fan, that’s the point. Nothing to do with opinions. And I’d definitely choose Europe too. We’ve beaten Palace many many times, more they have us in fact. Always a great weekend mind.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Rivalries are fun and all that, but I’ve never wanted anything except the highest position possible in whatever league we are in.

Under Hughton, where avoiding relegation was the be-all and end-all, Palace gave us a little escape from the monotony.

Right now it’s an unwelcome distraction.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't see us winning 5-0 (but can see us winning)

There is absolutely no way we will lose 5-0 (we are a far better team and just don't do that now)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If we don’t beat Palace twice we are not getting a European spot so spare me the I don’t care nonsense, let’s win get the bragging rights and one step closer to a European tour.
I’m guessing everyone *wants* us to win. Personally I’m pragmatic about such a banana skin where form goes out of the window. Obviously a win would be great, especially against our rivals, but if we get to two points a game we will hit Europe.

This is just one of those games I have a bad feeling about and would take a draw on the basis of security.

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
A 5-0 defeat to that lot would be pretty traumatic and would bring back some of the old memories of Andy Johnson in 02. That said, I'm sure a Thursday night trip to Tirana next season would help to soften the blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here