Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How hot is your office?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sweltering at work, not allowed the doors open as the boss is paranoid that the whole world will nick her stock.
She has been kind enough to give me and my colleague a fan which is slightly less useful than being breathed on by an asthmatic who is being strangled.
Got my shorts on though, gives the ladies something to laugh at.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One thing the Yanks do well is AC - office, apartment and subway all wonderfully cool.

Now if they could just get rid of that pervasive smell of dog piss when there is a heatwave

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just been into the back garden decking

Temperature gauge on the wall = 44 degrees C that is 111.2 Degrees F

i cant remember it ever been that hot in teh UK....South Africa yes, but not here

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What a load of rubbish, no chance, even if they're auditing you now!

My point exactly - My understanding is that the certification is regarding moderate use of air con and setting limits on maximums etc. Not saying it has to be a certain temp and no windows at all!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Very, and we're on top of Woodingdean Hill with the windows and doors open facing the sea.

Having said that I would rather this than the shite weather we've had, and hate it when people start moaning that it's too hot... which I think you're the first, so thanks!

Sorry!

Not complaining about the weather as such as it's nice when you are outside and relaxing - when you are working and running between meetings all of which are in rooms of varying temperatures it is rather more annoying

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's 30 degrees outside but lovely and cool in the office here at Levens Hall in Cumbria. There are worse places to work.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My 'Office' has been a 6' x 8' new shower room that we started over two weeks ago.
Finishing off the last 4 hrs today has nearly killed 'Wrong Direction' :ohmy:

:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's FOT!

I've got a 1st Floor office with large south-westerly facing windows overlooking a noisy street and nothing but a ceiling fan to help me. 5pm and I'm starting to flag here!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One thing the Yanks do well is AC - office, apartment and subway all wonderfully cool.

Now if they could just get rid of that pervasive smell of dog piss when there is a heatwave

When I worked summers doing open air bar work in Rhode Island we would spend our breaks in a walk-in freezer that stored the beer kegs, doors closed.

The problem with having a/c in car/home/store/office is that you never begin to acclimatise.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's FOT!

I've got a 1st Floor office with large south-westerly facing windows overlooking a noisy street and nothing but a ceiling fan to help me. 5pm and I'm starting to flag here!

That's a shame, bit nippy in my office :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When I worked summers doing open air bar work in Rhode Island we would spend our breaks in a walk-in freezer holding the beer kegs, doors closed.

The problem with having a/c in car/home/store/office is that you never begin to acclimatise.

When I lived in South Carolina, I was literally no more than 5 mins from A/C somewhere. But you're absolutely correct, as soon as you hit that wall of non A/C air, that is suffering!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ironically, all day people have complaining it's too COLD in the office today. It is a fridge in here, I stepped outside and felt the full force of the heat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ironically, all day people have complaining it's too COLD in the office today. It is a fridge in here, I stepped outside and felt the full force of the heat.

How annoying. At last we have summer weather and some, no doubt fat, ******* ensures that the aircon makes you feel like you are back in midwinter.

Very pleasant where I am, building with thick walls and all the windows open, nice.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
my office is basically a conservatory on top of an office block, glass on three walls and the roof, currently says 36 in here, A/C on full and no windows that open.... still, least the trains will be on time and not hot/packed etc! :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here