Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How gutted would you be if GP went to Newcastle?

How gutted would you be if Potter went to Newcastle

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ok, so Newcastle right now should be able to get any manager they set their sights on, other than those 6 or 7 already managing massive champions league clubs. We like to think he'd stick with us, but if they targeted him, come on... In that situation I'd be more worried about him coming straight back for Lewis Dunk, the perfect kind of interim signing for Newcastle as they start to build their inevitable juggernaut.

But even if he gave serious thought to staying, I q wonder if right now is a good time to try and poach Potter, because he's built a team and style of play that hinges hugely on the ability of a player who has just been arrested and who knows what the club will do there or how available he will be? I think that would test anyone's loyalty to a project...

If Potter is to go, and fans of half the premier league clubs seem to be crying out for him to be their next manager, then I just hope it is after the next World Cup as the continuity appointment seems obvious to me....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ok, so Newcastle right now should be able to get any manager they set their sights on, other than those 6 or 7 already managing massive champions league clubs. We like to think he'd stick with us, but if they targeted him, come on... In that situation I'd be more worried about him coming straight back for Lewis Dunk, the perfect kind of interim signing for Newcastle as they start to build their inevitable juggernaut.

But even if he gave serious thought to staying, I q wonder if right now is a good time to try and poach Potter, because he's built a team and style of play that hinges hugely on the ability of a player who has just been arrested and who knows what the club will do there or how available he will be? I think that would test anyone's loyalty to a project...

If Potter is to go, and fans of half the premier league clubs seem to be crying out for him to be their next manager, then I just hope it is after the next World Cup as the continuity appointment seems obvious to me....

Well people said the same thing about Spurs this summer... and I truly they approached him or Brighton, not as the first or second choice but after a while and definitely before giving up and settling for Nathan Redmonds dad.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
First mention about it on Sporting Life website today.
It puts GP on odds of 10/1 for the job.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well people said the same thing about Spurs this summer... and I truly they approached him or Brighton, not as the first or second choice but after a while and definitely before giving up and settling for Nathan Redmonds dad.

So if he goes does that mean we have to cancel your pizzas for the NSC Christmas party ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Schtop.

This thread is getting silly.

Norrappenin. Fact.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
A lot of people on here would be happy, because we could try to lure Chris Houghton back. Personally, I’d rather watch a game of chess, than feel as if I’m under anaesthetic every time I see The Albion play.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's all a bit of a worry, but most worrying would be the prospect of getting Steve Bruce in return.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I actually think the real concern is if Rogers goes to Newcastle.

Then Leicester will be looking and Potter could well be their first choice. That worries me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I actually think the real concern is if Rogers goes to Newcastle.

Then Leicester will be looking and Potter could well be their first choice. That worries me.

This is the most likely scenario, the only saving grace about this is, we are similar sized clubs and with careful planning and some good signings we could potentially be in the same healthy position as Leicester.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry if I’m missing something here but I still have no idea what relevance other moderators opinions are there.

You need to read between the lines a little.

I was responding to the generalisation "the dickheads on here". At the end of 2020 the In/Out poll was about 55/45 %. It certainly wasn't just the trolling Junior. Ditto with Hughton, pretty much all the board agreed it was time to say "thanks Chris but that's it", even if we were shocked in the end (because he survived the Cardiff fiasco). In other words, there are times when it's legitimate to question the coach / manager and times when it really is just dickheads trolling.

Oddly enough the person I was responding to seems to get it. It's just you and the groupie who need it spelling out.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
if my gp went too newcastle i would not like it as it is difficult enough to get an apointment to see one already and my piles are playing havoc at presant and my mum says I need stronger oinkment for them from the doctor

Regards

DF

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely REVELLING in OP's traditional Sunday stalking of yours truly. Tho sadly will be the last. Will be finally adding to my seriously exclusive Ignore List. OP wins Silver Place on the THPP podium. SO close. Just pipped for Gold by sneaky snide [MENTION=28856]rogersix[/MENTION]. Bronze place currently open entry :shrug:

Have to agree with you about the gold medal winner. Abusive, snide and only ever joins with others who he/she feels will back him up. Spine of snail.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think things have changed a lot since the summer in terms of fans perceptions of Potter. Rightly or wrong, I don't believe the large majority of Spurs fans would have accepted Potter this summer, and I think even if their Board wanted him, and rumours are they did, they knew it would be a tough sell to their fans considering the other 'names' in the frame. I certainly don't believe they went all out to get Potter.

Today, there is no doubt that spurs fans would welcome him. The Arsenal board is full of posts like 'Potter must be our next manager'. He is the first name mentioned on 5 Live everytime they discuss a possible managerial change for a sleeping giant type of club.

A lot has changed in two months.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think things have changed a lot since the summer in terms of fans perceptions of Potter. Rightly or wrong, I don't believe the large majority of Spurs fans would have accepted Potter this summer, and I think even if their Board wanted him, and rumours are they did, they knew it would be a tough sell to their fans considering the other 'names' in the frame. I certainly don't believe they went all out to get Potter.

Today, there is no doubt that spurs fans would welcome him. The Arsenal board is full of posts like 'Potter must be our next manager'. He is the first name mentioned on 5 Live everytime they discuss a possible managerial change for a sleeping giant type of club.

A lot has changed in two months.
Amazing what prioritising winning games above all else can do for a reputation. He may well have gone to Spurs in the summer if we hadn't wasted half last season dropping points against dross like Sheffield United and West Brom.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I`d be devestated if he goes, people keep saying we`d have someone lined up to takeover (with similar values) but he`s completely changed the club in the time he has been here.
Not sure if Newcastle is a good option for him but when other names being banded about are Gerrard and Lampard who do you think Newcastle would go for?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Amazing what prioritising winning games above all else can do for a reputation. He may well have gone to Spurs in the summer if we hadn't wasted half last season dropping points against dross like Sheffield United and West Brom.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

What do you think was prioritised before that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here