Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How GOOD was Lewis Dunk tonight?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a performance. Ended up with no Greer, no Vincelot & partnering Calderon at centre half. He gave an EPIC performance.

Noone was sparkly & great to watch, but Dunk's performance had a huge impact on the result & made him MoM for me. How old is he??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably want to merge with the other Dunk thread...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's performing so well I just can't see El Abd getting back in the side.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Dunk didn't really come under any real pressure for me... Did what he had to do well! I like him a lot but Nooney was my MoM with LB a close 2nd

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Noone, Bridcutt, Calderon. All stand out for me tonight. But none more so than Dunk, he absolutely owned Wickham and even when Gyan came on he never looked troubled. Got the composure of a seasoned top flight centre back, looked so much cooler in possession than Brown or Ferdinand. Future England captain, you heard it here first.:thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He was VERY good.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I saw the first four games, and to quote someone else on here, I am shocked just how good he is. He has excellent positioning, he's quick, he is comfortable with the ball at his feet, he's got a great header, his long passes are superb and he can tackle. He absolutely needed to play this season, so the El-Abd injury is a blessing in diguise for all except Adam. Will surely play for England, as long as he keeps his feet on the ground

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Slightly OT but just had a look at a few of the match reports and the Daily Mail one is pretty ridiculous. It gives us some credit but reads as if Ankergren was the star of the show and making save after save. The Guardian and Telegraph seem like they actually had reporters at the same game as the rest of us. General assessment, Sunderland just about shaded the first half but then we largely bossed it... which seems about right to me.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I saw the first four games, and to quote someone else on here, I am shocked just how good he is. He has excellent positioning, he's quick, he is comfortable with the ball at his feet, he's got a great header, his long passes are superb and he can tackle. He absolutely needed to play this season, so the El-Abd injury is a blessing in diguise for all except Adam. Will surely play for England, as long as he keeps his feet on the ground

let's hope he doesn't come on here then!! quick, everyone start saying how he had a decent performance, good even, but with room for improvement :dunce:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Dunk was my MOM...to be that young and play with 3 different CB partners throughout the game...and against prem opposition...this guy is class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here