Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How GOOD was Lewis Dunk tonight?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
If he plays at anything approaching this quality for the bulk of the season surely it wont be long before Prem clubs start sniffing around. The same with Liam Bridcutt.

Both of them have been superb so far this season.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I was a little critical of him after Saturday, however last night he was a man mounting. Awesome, for somebody of his age with the limited experience he has, he was almost unreal. 10/10.

ElAbd will have trouble getting back in if he continues to play that well and poor old Tommy Elphick must now be 4th choice and looking for a new club.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I was a little critical of him after Saturday, however last night he was a man mounting. Awesome, for somebody of his age with the limited experience he has, he was almost unreal. 10/10.

ElAbd will have trouble getting back in if he continues to play that well and poor old Tommy Elphick must now be 4th choice and looking for a new club.

As spelling mistakes go .. on a Brighton Message board .. that deserves a prize. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three times last night Anton Ferdinand smashed balls out for throw-ins in dangerous areas, that Dunk would have controlled under pressure, and rolled back to Casper.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lewis Dunk spotted earlier today:

super_human_expirence.gif

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I was impressed with Lewis Dunk when he debuted at MKD. His composure on the ball reminded me of Mark Lawrenson ( no higher praise ! ) Since then, he has had limited opportunity until the start of this season.
IMHO Gus realised how good he was from the outset and wrapped him up in cottonwool. Kept him away from predatory eyes and brought him along quietly. A diamond in the rough being gently polished.
At the start of this season, Gus had no choice. Lacking El Abd and Elphick, he had to throw him in. But he wasn't worried, he knows how good he is and how much better he can become.
The cat is out the bag now. People are waking up to Lewis Dunk. The more successful he is and we are, the more interest the big boys will show. They will monitor him in the Championship and beyond.
The clock is already ticking.
I never thought I would hear myself say this but we have a new Mark Lawrenson on the block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here