How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what do you reckon the chances are that thousands of ventilators, and millions of Covid-19 tests, sourced via Dubai are licensed and tested?

Much higher than Dysons. At the very least they were sourced from a company which had experience of producing them. If you’re happy to ask vacuum cleaner and car companies to knock them up you’re clearly not that fussy about licenses and testing any way.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Much higher than Dysons. At the very least they were sourced from a company which had experience of producing them. If you’re happy to ask vacuum cleaner and car companies to knock them up you’re clearly not that fussy about licenses and testing any way.

It's not what you know it's who you know.

For me this whole affair has been handled badly (Although I'm not saying Labour and/or an alternative PM would have necessarily handled it any better) and our reaction/lack of urgency will no doubt cost thousands of lives that could and should have been saved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does anyone else see the potential problem about these Covid-19 test kits that we have bought ? Apparently we have bought several million of these test kits.

"Several million tests have been purchased for use," said professor Sharon Peacock, director of the country's National Infection Service. "These are brand new products. We have to be clear they work as they are claimed to do."
The kits will be available for purchase in pharmacies and for delivery through Amazon.com, the government said.
Once they have been tested this week and the bulk of tests arrive, they will be distributed into the community," Peacock said.

Have we bought a pig in a poke ? Am I old fashioned ? why did we not buy a few and test them first before spaffing out on millions ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Guessing, but maybe the test kits (hardware) are standard, but the readings/results still needs to be finalised?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Does anyone else see the potential problem about these Covid-19 test kits that we have bought ? Apparently we have bought several million of these test kits.

"Several million tests have been purchased for use," said professor Sharon Peacock, director of the country's National Infection Service. "These are brand new products. We have to be clear they work as they are claimed to do."
The kits will be available for purchase in pharmacies and for delivery through Amazon.com, the government said.
Once they have been tested this week and the bulk of tests arrive, they will be distributed into the community," Peacock said.

Have we bought a pig in a poke ? Am I old fashioned ? why did we not buy a few and test them first before spaffing out on millions ?

Can't win really. If we don't buy them now, and another country does - then we'll be asking 'why didn't we buy them in readiness?'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[tweet]1243283899008106497[/tweet]

I feel saddened listening to that. And the health minister stated in January the U.K. was prepared. What a liar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What hypocrisy! "The government wasted February" - this from the man who tweeted on 30th. January, don't get in a panic, it's not that serious!

I can’t imagine he did. But I could be wrong. Care to reproduce that Tweet?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What hypocrisy! "The government wasted February" - this from the man who tweeted on 30th. January, don't get in a panic, it's not that serious!

I have checked his tweets and cannot find one that says that. Perhaps you could post a link?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
This is our Government, our time to shine. This is the most caring, most tolerant nation on Earth. So proud to be British.
7599f562cffb95e78472f015a52c5316.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing?

[tweet]1220606842449072128[/tweet]

Thank you.

I believe he had a point, at that time. I was going to a friends' house where they buy the Daily Express. I had to bite my tongue when the banner headline was KILLER VIRUS.
It does foster panic.
It fostered panic buying, which is just one example.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you.

I believe he had a point, at that time. I was going to a friends' house where they buy the Daily Express. I had to bite my tongue when the banner headline was KILLER VIRUS.
It does foster panic.
It fostered panic buying, which is just one example.

Presumably there are tweets from the same time where he urges U.K. government to not waste time and escalate preparations.

Not sure I can be bothered to look though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing?

[tweet]1220606842449072128[/tweet]
He's right on both counts. Media driving panic was very unelpful and the government were also unprepared. Also notef that the panic buying helped spread the virus.

Public statements of how unprepared the govt were and how much the NHS had been compromised at the time of his tweet would have drastically increased panic.

Those that turn a bling eye to what successive Tory governments have done to the NHS and the vulnerable will always turn a blind eye and forgive then. Referencing the above tweet does seem pretty desperate but I guess it is becoming ever more difficult to justify and excuse the apalling performance of this government.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports