Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you rate the new website out of 10?

NEW WEBSITE OUT OF 10

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not sure if mentioned above but some clubs have re-printed an apology from the football league regarding the changes. It's definately on Gillingham's site which I understand moved over early.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Been over a week,i hate it still,perhaps this will mean i will grow to love it? nahh

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Tried to use it yesterday while debating the country of original for our entire squad with my son. Dreadful! The old website wasn't great but at least it worked after a fashion. This new one didn't even work.

Not sure I'll ever use it as a first choice for info ever again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure if mentioned above but some clubs have re-printed an apology from the football league regarding the changes. It's definately on Gillingham's site which I understand moved over early.

rather than an apology i think a roll back is order and sacking whatever dev team built it. from using at work more succesfully than at home, its clear they haven't bothered to test on a range of browsers and havent considered the user experince for those not on super fast broadband.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I tried but have now given up on the new site.

That RSS feed site is good, will use that from now on.

Paul

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That is dire - did they get a load of blind monkeys to write it ? No consistency at all. I only looked because of Edna's thread about email address contact details - she's right - not a single one !!!!!

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Emailed the FL and got this reply

"Thank you for your comments which have web team for their information.

This is a huge project, both in scale and in complexity and has seen 86 brand new official club websites launched within a matter of weeks.

As with any project of this size it is inevitable that there will be some initial teething problems to overcome. Work is already in hand to improve the technical issues that some fans are facing and we are confident that supporters will begin to notice an improved service in the near future.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would be grateful for your patience during the changeover period"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks, I've got this bookmarked now.

But for me, the first sentence (in bold) from the official site is missing, maybe rss feed isn't feeding it all?

I think there may be an occasional lag for the brand new stories, but it should clear within 20-30 seconds. All seems to be fine now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aside from the latest installment of [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] spamming NSC - I think that's about the 87th time I've seen that link on here now - the Albion news stuff is on NSC too...

Albion in the news

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I am amazed that the club have not sorted it out. Contract or not, it is appalling.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
rather than an apology i think a roll back is order and sacking whatever dev team built it. from using at work more succesfully than at home, its clear they haven't bothered to test on a range of browsers and havent considered the user experince for those not on super fast broadband.

Contractually complicated I'd imagine.

The new websites are (I think) the work of a new third party. The "player sites" still looked after by Perform.

Can't look beyond the Football League in terms of blame. The club held out for as long as they could - the absolute last to move over.

One ray of hope. I checked out a league site last night (can't remember which one) which had the mobile site up and running. Wasn't that bad to be honest.

Another annoyance is that you apparently have to pay another subscription to get highlights via an app. Even if you currently subscribe. I'd imagine because the League App isn't connected to the player login. Glad the league have apologised for this mess.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One point to note about the apparent "complexity" of the project and the number of websites.

er... they share the same templates.

100 or 20 websites - the problem will be the same or should be the same.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Useless site. The text is all scrunched up in the middle of the screen and too small to read!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would have posted to the poll, but, there again maybe I did previously.

On reflection and after further consideration, I reckon the poll should have had further options like minus up to - 10.

On that basis I would have given it a minus 4 !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here