How do you feel about Tuesday night?

• Confident

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • Nervous

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

Nervous, very nervous. I know a lot of people on here think we're going to thump them, but make no mistake Palace are a reasonable side, capable of beating anyone in this division, and certainly won't roll over.
I really can't understand some of the arrogance from some of our fans, yes we are a good side but so are Palace and they will also want to beat us, I think it will be down to individual players and the amount of passion they have for this one, lets hope our lads have as much fire in their bellies as us supporters.
I think it will be a tight game and couldn't even try to predict a scoreline !

Edit: I would add that I really hope I'm wrong, and look forward to having this thread bounced if we beat them convincingly.

this'll do for me

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
We will win.

That's not arrogance as most of the BOOKIES are saying we will win, and they normally are not that wrong.

The only question to me is by what margin...

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Im BUZZING in anticipation of the game, bit nervous and bit confident for a result, but overall just buzzing!!

We really dont want our first ever league defeat at the amex to be from those croyson slags though!

I reckon 3-1 to us after going a goal behind.....pleeeeeeeease!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As others have said, Palace are a decent team, and will have that added hunger this game always brings. As home side, the pressure is on us. And the desire to NOT lose ramps it up a bit too.

Having said all that, we have the ability to win, so I'm 65% optimistic, 35% anxious, with a slice on anticipation on top.

But mostly I just want to find a chuffing website that will stream it, and not send me off on endless circle of scam links.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I do think them losing at Doncaster will knock their confidence. If we can score an early goal we could
run away with with it. I'm quietly optimistic, which is very unlike me

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
As my Palace season ticket Holder father in law said to me the other day. "When you expect Palace to win, they don't. When you expect them to lose, they win".

So based upon that, and they are a decent enough side to cause us problems, AND we're defending an unbeaten home league record, it goes without saying that I think Palace will win, with bloody Murray scoring the winner.

I just have a bad feeling about it! God I hope I'm wrong!!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Palace won't turn up and will be overwhelmed by the occasion and get steamrollered 4-0. They simply won't be prepared for the atmosphere, the stadium or occasion whereas we have settled in quite nicely. Gus will quietly but firmly prepare the boys for this match and will demand nothing less than a mullering of the Croydon no-marks. Obviously I'm in the confident camp.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hmmm we are yet to smash a team at home yet and we have only won one game comfortably this season. Not sure why everyone is so confident.

Also not sure why everyone is writing palace off they have some great pacy forwards (and Murray). another interesting point is that they have been good in the FIRST half of games this season and rubbish in the second.

Think this will either be a draw or a narrow nail biting win for the good guys.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On paper it should be a comfortable win. We're the form team, at home and a club clearly on the up. They're a club that has spent the last two seasons in a relegation fight and have lost their last three league games. We're unbeaten in the league at home whereas they have lost three of their four games away from Selhurst.

If it were, say, Coventry with that record we'd all be (rightly) expecting another home win. The only thing that can affect that confidence is the fact that it's a derby match which levels the playing field a bit. Not enough to make me unduly worried, but enough to make me cautiously confident rather than serenely confident.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
If we were at home I would be very confident, but fact is, away from home we are dogshit (Winning one game away last season, and losing to a dire side like Doncaster on Saturday). You are favourites and rightly so. We usually crumble in derby games, Millwall away last season was the most depressing game I've witnessed.

The only hope I'm clinging on to is Dougie Freedman. This man knows what it means to us and I hope he's been drumming it into the players that this is the one. I can only see it going one of two ways - We get battered 3-0 or Glenn Murray scores a 95th minute winner, the stuff dreams are made of. I feel sick with nerves.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I have no reason to worry, Im in a minority I know, but i think we will comfortably win 3-0. CMS to get another 2. Think both teams will get a red card too

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I NEVER do confidence with the Albion , used to but always blew up in my face.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As my Palace season ticket Holder father in law said to me the other day. "When you expect Palace to win, they don't. When you expect them to lose, they win".

I find this very true for us.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
3-1 to us - CMS, Barnes and Noone to score for the mighty rampant Seagulls ! Maybe an OG consolation for them (or Muzza )!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here