Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How did you get to the match last night?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mate drove to Park and Ride at Mill Rd. Bus there was every seat filled but no standing. Left dead on full time, got first bus out of Falmer which was exactly the same, seats filled but no standing. We're a five min drive from Mill Rd. Home enjoying a post match chat over a nice bottle of wine and some charcuterie by 9.35. So quick that when [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] texted me and I said I was home he thought I'd watched at home!

Definitely the way to go if you're nervous or want to get home quickly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Parked in car park C - in the University. Plenty of yellow coat stewards, but very few capable of actually organsing the parking.

Standard for car park C then, although you insinuated that some might have known how to organise, normally none of them do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to the game by bus. It was fine.

Got the train back. There was ZERO by way of social distancing, either on the platform or on the train. Not particularly helped by those SASTA c***s not running one single train in either direction within 15 minutes of the final whistle. The first train back into Brighton was 4 carriages long :rolleyes:

Despite having had both jabs, this was - by a country mile - the most closely packed environment I've found myself in in over a year. Felt a tad nervous. It made a complete mockery of all the precautions made within the confines of the ground perimeter. Frankly it would be safer if they just closed the station on match days. Let's just hope that masks offer some modicum of protection in such an environment, else it could spell REALLY bad news

Local positive test rates are about 2 people in 10,000......your chances of standing near enough to someone to catch it from them are pretty tiny now.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Drove from London and parked in A27 layby. Walked from there..managed to get an Uber to the car after the match due to low capacity. Didn't fancy dealing with trains after avoiding public transport for so long.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Local positive test rates are about 2 people in 10,000......your chances of standing near enough to someone to catch it from them are pretty tiny now.

Kind of what I was thinking.....it isn’t going to disappear...just that the vaccination levels will be much higher come August ... chances of being seriously ill are now quite small.....still everyone’s different so must respect that...for myself it was the car ...as i always do.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
For those of you that got the train and are complaining that it was busy……what did you expect ?
Those that are nervous being around lots of people due to covid……why did you buy a ticket to a football match ?
From here on in the crowds are going to get bigger and lots less social distancing, I sincerely hope this complaining isn’t what we’ve got to look forward to next season !

If you are at all worried take responsibility for yourself and do not put yourself in these kind of situations!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Drove there and took 2 other families too (7 seater car). All the kids are at school together so if anyone had covid we'd all catch it anyway.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was always going to be fairly tight for time but the standard shambles at Brighton Station. Southern decided to send away the last train to Falmer before kick off 5 minutes early so with the next one not leaving Brighton until 7.11 it cost me a twenty quid taxi, missed the first goal and got in just as Cancelo bought down Welbeck so every cloud and all that. Found my seat, asked the steward if it was right that I was sitting in the next seat to someone (wasn't bothered although the guy must have been 20 stone) and he told me to sit where I liked! Sat in an empty row presumably blocked out for safety reasons.

Got the second train after the game, most seats taken and maybe 4 people standing by the doors so not packed by any stretch.

If your still worried even now about catching Covid or were scared about how busy it was on Tuesday, you'll want to keep well away come August.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For those of you that got the train and are complaining that it was busy……what did you expect ?
Those that are nervous being around lots of people due to covid……why did you buy a ticket to a football match ?
From here on in the crowds are going to get bigger and lots less social distancing, I sincerely hope this complaining isn’t what we’ve got to look forward to next season !

If you are at all worried take responsibility for yourself and do not put yourself in these kind of situations!

Good point. If - and only if - we continue to see a low level of hospitalisations thanks to vaccination then it really does become "at your own risk". Distancing / masks etc are all to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed and people being put at unnecessary risk. Anyone vulnerable should have been offered at least one vaccination by now, which they should have accepted.

Want to go to the football? It'll probably not be like going for a walk in the park at sunset.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Train from Lewes an hour before kick-off. A little busier than I'm used to though it was fine in reality and everyone was very well behaved. There were a lot of anxious and confused people heading to Brighton on the same train - whilst no one put pressure on anyone to snuggle in, there were a lot of bags suddenly appearing on spare seats. Completely understandable in the circumstances - I was more than happy to stand for 7 minutes in a pocket of space in the aisle.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
For the first time I travelled by motorbike, what a doddle. I was back home in East Preston just before 10pm.... I'll deffo be doing that again..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here