Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How did you get to the match last night?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Went to the game by bus. It was fine.

Got the train back. There was ZERO by way of social distancing, either on the platform or on the train. Not particularly helped by those SASTA c***s not running one single train in either direction within 15 minutes of the final whistle. The first train back into Brighton was 4 carriages long :rolleyes:

Despite having had both jabs, this was - by a country mile - the most closely packed environment I've found myself in in over a year. Felt a tad nervous. It made a complete mockery of all the precautions made within the confines of the ground perimeter. Frankly it would be safer if they just closed the station on match days. Let's just hope that masks offer some modicum of protection in such an environment, else it could spell REALLY bad news

That’s the reason we walked past the Bridge car park to catch the bus to the Old Steine.

Before the game we caught the train, which was ok until we reached Lewes. It wasn’t crammed, but was busy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My apologies if there is already a thread up and running concerning this.

I am interested in learning how people got to and from the Amex last night. I didn't attend the match as I was concerned about social distancing on public transport. Were there crowds on the train platforms at Brighton and Falmer , did Park 'n' ride operate, how did the buses and coaches cope with social distancing etc ?

Thanks for any information.

Got the train. Pretty busy - especially on the way back.

If you are nervous about COVID then I can understand why you would avoid it.

There were a few people without masks - either exempt or just displaying a disrespect and disregard for others - but otherwise most people were masked up.

I guess driving there would be the best bet if you want to avoid the crowds (and don't use the toilet at half-time.)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Parked in Mill Road car park with a free of charge reserved place. Then got the Park & Ride bendy bus which I think were limited to about 30 people per bus, so loads of space.
The return buses to Mill Road were brilliantly organised, and again only about 30 on each. If every game could be that smooth it would be a dream.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was coming from the kitchen this time. It wasn't congested so got to my seat pretty quickly.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
2 blokes.
1 coffee stop
1 pee stop
1 pub (8 bells @ bolney) 2 pints each
Uni car park
330 miles
8.97M cones on the way home.
Home 12.45
MOTD highlights
Bed

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I caught the train from Shoreham and it was crammed full as only 4 carriages. From Brighton it was the same and no windows open. I returned home by public bus and was initially packed but soon had more space. I hated the train.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Went by train via Lewes on the way. Busy but not overly so.

Went home via Brighton. Train from Falmer was pretty packed.

I understand people being nervous,
however, my entirely personal view is, having had both Jags, I'm confident I'm protected so not unduly concerned.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Walked over the hill from Lewes. Lovely evening for it, and I'm not sure there's a more scenic way of getting to a league ground anywhere else in the country.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cab straight from the pub there and bus back

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
Going there walked through Stanmer Park from Patcham which was delightful. Walked up Coldean Lane going home which is a *******. After that game though I couldn't have cared less.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Parked in car park C - in the University. We weren't late but no spaces left - looked like they had oversold the parking spots. Caused quite a bit of frustration. Plenty of yellow coat stewards, but very few capable of actually organsing the parking.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Went by train via Lewes on the way. Busy but not overly so.

Went home via Brighton. Train from Falmer was pretty packed.

I understand people being nervous,
however, my entirely personal view is, having had both Jags, I'm confident I'm protected so not unduly concerned.

You are John Prescott and I claim my £5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here