Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are you finding this close season?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Struggling a bit but it's improving. That is down to me finally getting rid of some bank account-sapping stuff that I should have got rid of ages ago. Just my pensions to live on so mobile phone down to Sim-only after the last contract, Season Ticket move to save £510 a year (I kept my seat in WSL as long as I could but with no OAP discount and £895 a year it was an easy decision)
Just Sky to get rid of now but not until the season starts so I can binge watch all I have recorded. I'll beat this Cost of Living crisis, it has to get better.... doesn't it?
There are ways and means to get live football without paying Sky (et al) but I'd possibly be breaking forum rules if I went any further.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
This one really is dragging on for me.

I'm pretty pleased with our transfer activity so far though.

Trying really hard not to start pointless threads, but alas, here's another one.
You are @Bozza and I claim my £5.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Mixed feelings. I enjoy the break but do start to get itchy around mid-July time, especially when FPL talk appears. I'm happy with the signings so far, especially Pedro who I think could have a massive impact on the team. More modestly, I think Milner is a great acquisition, and will be a big influence on the younger lads in the squad. I presume that's why he's been brought in, as well as having plenty of European experience to share around. And my BVB mate reckons Dahoud is an excellent purchase. I'm looking forward to seeing the team that's put out in the US tournament.

The big concern is that expectation is so high, it might be an anti-climax. Perhaps 'De Zerbi Ball' really has been rumbled? If so, you'd expect a clever guy like Roberto to have a Plan B.

Er, but summer? Yeah, let's enjoy the weather while we can and the break from the madness and chaos and emotion. Only 5 more weeks of it...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can kind of switch off from transfer gossip too, and I’m a realist so I don’t suffer the pain as much as those banging on about “Caicedo’s going nowhere” or “Colwill will join us”. The early ticks of Joao Pedro, Milner and Dahoud meant I could sit back and relax.
What transfer gossip? 😏

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Do I miss the ridiculous hype around ‘clashes’ such as us against Bournemouth ? do I miss the endless pointless punditry and over analysis of literally everything ?

The dry ice ?

The dwarves on stilts, juggling flaming torches ?

The sheer unadulterated hyperbole ?

The obvious corruption and money laundering ?

The inevitability of the CL placings ?

Errr nah.

Do I miss watching the boys for 90 mins… yes.

But I’ve found myself somewhat jaded this summer… simply put, there was WAY too much football last year… coupled with a minuscule break, I’m not sure how I’m going to feel about it all this coming season…

It feels like saturation point to me, too much of a good thing etc.

Add in the relentless twitter player links and nonsense transfer rumours … it’s all starting to feel like a dreary end of peer am dram - with all the glamour of a piss up in Skegness.

Hopefully my mojo will improve as we take those historic first steps in Europe…

Alas, I love the Albion, always will - but the world we now inhabit is in danger of alienating me as I fade to grey and drift off in wisps of joss-stick like smoke…

Lol 😂

Errrr bring on the sickly sweet, plasticky ‘fakery’ of it all.

Let the pantomime commence.

Yey!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Really? Despite the season finishing nearly a month later due to Winter World Cup? Enjoying the brief respite, meself. As I'm sure are most of the EPL players who have had to continue to slog their guts out in various competitions for much of June. I'd wager that many of them will be starting the season completely knackered
Jeez, now I feel really BAD.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Done with the break now. More than ready for it to start again. The hype around Europe along with hopefully a fantastic domestic campaign is really starting to build.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Struggling a bit but it's improving. That is down to me finally getting rid of some bank account-sapping stuff that I should have got rid of ages ago. Just my pensions to live on so mobile phone down to Sim-only after the last contract, Season Ticket move to save £510 a year (I kept my seat in WSL as long as I could but with no OAP discount and £895 a year it was an easy decision)
Just Sky to get rid of now but not until the season starts so I can binge watch all I have recorded. I'll beat this Cost of Living crisis, it has to get better.... doesn't it?
Your doing well young man. I watched a program called naked and afraid the other day. They literally had nothing and was in the northern part of Canada with bears everywhere, they even had to kill a porcupine to survive.
Ditch the sky I say, you know it's the right thing to do.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
It’s dragging a bit for me, and I’m grateful to all the pointless thread starters for providing close season entertainment.

Even if all it’s done is highlight that I’m Springsteen-phobic with no real reason to be.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Personally, I'm enjoying the break and the good weather. Ashes Cricket and Sussex not being utterly shite.

Not thinking about the hopeless incompetence of Southern Rail and what fresh hell their pish excuse for a service will inflict upon me between August and next May.

Particularly as we'll have a lot of Sunday games before Christmas.

Come August I'll be ready. I was going to go to the friendly but, aye, Southern.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I love cricket, so it’s great to not have to think too much about football for a couple of months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here