Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are you finding this close season?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This one really is dragging on for me.

I'm pretty pleased with our transfer activity so far though.

Trying really hard not to start pointless threads, but alas, here's another one.

theboybilly

Struggling a bit but it's improving. That is down to me finally getting rid of some bank account-sapping stuff that I should have got rid of ages ago. Just my pensions to live on so mobile phone down to Sim-only after the last contract, Season Ticket move to save £510 a year (I kept my seat in WSL as long as I could but with no OAP discount and £895 a year it was an easy decision)
Just Sky to get rid of now but not until the season starts so I can binge watch all I have recorded. I'll beat this Cost of Living crisis, it has to get better.... doesn't it?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The last 3 summers we've been entertained during the close season. Women's euros last year, mens euros the year before, and Operation Start Again the year before that. So this close season has been interminably long.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good signings early and great rumours . All gone a bit quiet and loads of pointless bounced threads on here .

I’m not ready for the football yet

It’s all fine

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Today has kicked in, Peacehaven are away at Vase winner’s Ascot, a match I was going to, then couldn’t and now it turns out (too late) I could. I’m sinking a few cans as I was anticipating some cricket but that’s gone tits up, I might just take the dog down the Tavern before playing that Skinty Fia by Fontaines DC for the fifteenth time this week. I’ve got a party in Coldean later but I’m half pissed already

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The last 3 summers we've been entertained during the close season. Women's euros last year, mens euros the year before, and Operation Start Again the year before that. So this close season has been interminably long.
Really? Despite the season finishing nearly a month later due to Winter World Cup? Enjoying the brief respite, meself. As I'm sure are most of the EPL players who have had to continue to slog their guts out in various competitions for much of June. I'd wager that many of them will be starting the season completely knackered

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm waiting for us to finish selling our entire midfield, and replace them with some more South American kids nobody has ever heard of, or ever seen (even on youtube).

And not buying a 30 goal a season striker.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Enjoying the break. Holidays, fishing, running/gym, watching cricket and lots of summer beer and wine. I don't worry at all about transfer rumours but do find them interesting - we're well-enough run to be in good shape when the season starts whatever happens.

I can kind of switch off from transfer gossip too, and I’m a realist so I don’t suffer the pain as much as those banging on about “Caicedo’s going nowhere” or “Colwill will join us”. The early ticks of Joao Pedro, Milner and Dahoud meant I could sit back and relax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here