Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How are you feeling?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was quite worried about it watching parliament this afternoon, then Sarah Owen stood up in a tight White top aiming her nips at Boris and the world suddenly felt a better place again.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
To be perfectly truthful, I’m more concerned about China at the moment. That’s the very real problem facing the West at the moment, also Sniffer, sat dribbling in the Whitehouse is a concern.

my fear is if China align with Russia …

then we’re fooked

just shows what happens you think wicked regimes have changed their views, then work with them and empower them financially.

would Rocket boy even choose to join C and R?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I dont like it. People are blindly walking into some emotional, bloodthirsty nationalism and its not fun to see. Learning about our colonial history, our neo-colonial history, our political systems... all forgotten over just a few days. All that remains is different versions of "we westeners are a superior culture and race compared to the Russian". A recipe for disaster and it does not feel good to see the levels of hatred increasing everywhere.

Madman , not sensible .

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Personally, the worse the world turns the more determined I am to be a nice, decent person. The consequences of Putin's actions could be horrific but I am still hopeful that the situation can be de-esculated, perhaps not in the next few weeks but thereafter. And if we can get rid of Putin perhaps Russia can get on a better course.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

then we’re fooked

just shows what happens you think wicked regimes have changed their views, then work with them and empower them financially.

Maybe they already have? China gave us covid to weaken every western country's economy then Russia start invading?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m struggling with it all. Up until Brexit I’d been completely engaged in societal and political issues both here and abroad but the last few years have made me realise how bad that can be for your health. I want to live in a bubble, I try, but I can’t. I feel like a wimp who is more sensitive to these things than friends and family. It’s not so much anxiety over ‘what ifs’, it’s more about the toll every new turn of shitshowering events take. Running pubs I’m amazed at how people just seem to be oblivious to it all. Nobody in tonight is talking about it, it’s a great atmosphere. I wish I could be like that. So I try and avoid it too. I enjoy vacuous small talk with customers. I keep conversation with friends to football, the arts, our families. But it’s still there.
I want to fall asleep in someone’s arms, a deep sleep, and wake up in the 2022 I expected to be living in. I can’t believe what a mess it all is.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

then we’re fooked

Can also see Pakistan joining up with this axis.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Maybe they already have? China gave us covid to weaken every western country's economy then Russia start invading?

Funny also how most products coming out from China since have seen unseen and repeated price hikes, along with shipping costs China outwards have seen virtual 10 fold price increases. ….

probably me just getting carried away by an inbuilt conspiracy theory … :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My flat’s front door has two locks and a chain. This morning I unlocked one and took the chain off even though I neither expected to go out nor was I expecting a visit, I did it in anticipation of possibly needing to make a bolt for it if the worst happened. I’ve felt better during the day but I was really worried this morning that someone would do something very, very reckless.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I dont like it. People are blindly walking into some emotional, bloodthirsty nationalism and its not fun to see. Learning about our colonial history, our neo-colonial history, our political systems... all forgotten over just a few days. All that remains is different versions of "we westeners are a superior culture and race compared to the Russian". A recipe for disaster and it does not feel good to see the levels of hatred increasing everywhere.

F*ck OUR colonial history - even more so as it's nothing to do with Sweden and none of your business - this is all about Russian colonialism.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Incredibly saddened that we humans ares till Hell-bent on destroying one another. And in Europe, for Christ’s sakes. Do we ever learn?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad. Sad that we privileged few can’t do anything to help.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Lost for words if I'm honest. Really felt for the Afghans when the Taliban got back in and now this.
I've been following it all day hoping for miracles.
Very much saddened for all those innocent people and seeing images of children hiding away.
Disappointed sanctions don't go far enough with countries looking out for themselves rather than doing all they can to influence the lunatic.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Been a busy day work-wise so having sat down with a (strong) beer, this is the first time I’ve had to properly reflect.

First of all, I feel huge sorrow and regret for the Ukrainian people. Seeing photos of injured civilians, peoples homes levelled, children sleeping rough in underground stations or crying at the sound of Russian jets dropping bombs. Those kids, they are the epitome of innocent. They look just like mine, who I’ve not long ago gotten to sleep, safe and sound in their beds. For now.

And that’s where my thoughts go next. To my kids. I’ve tried to bring them up with the very best values I could, in the best environment I could. I’ve worked hard for that. But it’s times like this that make you realise how little control over their lives you have; it could, if all goes wrong, be taken away in an instant.

I hope and pray that never happens. I hope this whole affair ends with minimum bloodshed. But there’s a feeling in the pit of my gut that I haven’t felt since this time two years ago, when it became apparent that the world was entering a period of massive upheaval in the shape of the pandemic. A feeling of raw, impending doom.

So how do I feel? Sad, concerned, wary and dismayed that this all seems so utterly, utterly pointless. Why is peace so grossly underrated?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Peace is not under rated , that’s what the vast majority of people want . Unfortunately we have a few very dangerous leaders in the world & Putin is right up there .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here