Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] House Of The Dragon - Official Thread

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Cautiously optimistic.

Loved GoT right upto the dogs breakfast of the ending.

Been really disappointed with a lot of the shite series that have come out. The Mandelorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi were dire and gave up after the first couple of episodes. Also The Boys and a lot of others I can't stand.

But Shadow and Bone plus a few others have been decent imo.

FX looks good. So hopeful but not overly enthusiastic. Bit like the new LOTR series. Hopeful but....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
12 days to go.

I'll need to bring my NOW TV account back from the Long Night.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Cautiously optimistic.

Loved GoT right upto the dogs breakfast of the ending.

Been really disappointed with a lot of the shite series that have come out. The Mandelorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi were dire and gave up after the first couple of episodes. Also The Boys and a lot of others I can't stand.

But Shadow and Bone plus a few others have been decent imo.

FX looks good. So hopeful but not overly enthusiastic. Bit like the new LOTR series. Hopeful but....

Mandalorian, and Obi-Wan were two that I hugely enjoyed. Same with Strange New Worlds.

GoT is probably the only series I've ever watched that had me 100% all in until it ended and I've given it no thought since it ended. The ending was so bad I haven't even watched a minute of it since. As long as the previous showrunners are gone and they stick relatively faithfully to the source material then it should be good.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Mandalorian, and Obi-Wan were two that I hugely enjoyed. Same with Strange New Worlds.

GoT is probably the only series I've ever watched that had me 100% all in until it ended and I've given it no thought since it ended. The ending was so bad I haven't even watched a minute of it since. As long as the previous showrunners are gone and they stick relatively faithfully to the source material then it should be good.

Strange New Worlds has been superb (I'm on episode 8/10). Old school Aliens of the week episode by episode.

Hopefully this is back to where GOT was good. Matt Smith is a good start in the casting.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

The problem with GOT was simply that the TV show got itself ahead of the source material, after which point the whole thing was being created on the hoof, with only a vague notion from GRR Martin as to where it was going.

When they started filming GOT, the first five(?) books were published, with the full expectation that the remaining books would be published by the time the tV series caught up- By the end of the entire run Martin had not published the next book, let alone finished the story

The same is likely to occur with House Of The dragon, as again the first book is published but no sign of the second- and there is still no sign of the next book of the Original Game of Thrones series, the last published BEFORE the very first episode of GOT aired a decade ago

With Martin busy on numerous other projects , and not getting any younger, there are real fears that the story will never actually be finished and fans are concerned that he has actually just given up of the original story

Its a shame because for 7 seasons GOT was much watch TV, the eight was in comparison a shadow of the rest, and I think a lot of the potential fan base of both books and TV show have been alienated and will be very skeptical of this new show

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure I read somewhere that GRR Martin has given this series - or at least the episodes he has seen - his thumbs up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course he has. It’s making him millions.
He notably didn't give his public approval to the last season or 2 of Game of Thrones.

He's back on board which can only be seen as a positive.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm hoping that they'll cash in quickly with a blu-ray release, as I don't have Sky Atlantic (am on Virgin) and I cannot go for another streaming sub to see it on Now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I enjoyed it. Straight back into the swing of things.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I enjoyed it, still so early doors so I have nothing invested in any characters.

But plenty to start with and will return.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Seems to be lacking the sense of humour in GOT which always helped a little during the more gruesome bits, other than that pretty good

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So is this a completely new program. I never watched GoT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here