Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotels near The O2 Arena

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If you stay at the excel Novotel or Ibis , you can get the Emirates cablecar over the Thames straight into o2 . Great view when going over Thames and will take you 10mins door to door

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
I took the risk assuming that the secret hotel was the Hilton - luckily it was!! So thats sorted. I guess we will just have to tackle the tube when we get there.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
On the other hand, I have been to a number of gigs and queued less time than the Amex to get away on the Tube. Noel Gallagher, Peter Kaye both spring to mind of 'recent' trips where I've headed back West.

Lets hope it goes smoothly for me too then! Im assuming its a simple trip on the tube so that to me seems the best option.

If you stay at the excel Novotel or Ibis , you can get the Emirates cablecar over the Thames straight into o2 . Great view when going over Thames and will take you 10mins door to door

NOW you tell me ;)

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Me and the Missus are going on the same night,booked into the Canary Wharf Hilton £115 B&B plus car parking.
See i called and asked about car parking and he said that they cant "reserve" as they only have about 25 spaces, so its first come first serve.. However there is apparently an NCP a short walk away that is only a £1 more than the hotel..

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Been to a load of gigs there and have stayed in or around Canary Wharf a number of times.
I use "bookings.com" and have had some good bargains - the Radisson dead across the river was great and a snip at about £120 BUT if the Jubilee line is playing up (check TFL for the date you want to go) you're buggered with the cab situation as mentioned before unless you get a card and ring up after the gig or book the same driver. Unless you book immediately the gig is announced you'll not get the ones by the O2 and the buggers whack the prices up when anything is on anyway

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Yeah im pinning my hopes on the Jubilee line running, i was assured it will be! I managed to get a room in the Hilton, Canary Wharf for just shy of £100. It was on lastminute.com, "top secret hotel" so it was a risk, but one worth taking :L

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That cablecar is ruddy superb.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Stay in Greenwich and get the Thames Clipper after the gig from North Greenwich Pier. There is nowhere near the O2 worth staying. Maybe the Holiday Inn, which is about a 15 minute walk, but there is nothing else around there.

The boat will take you to the Cutty Sark, to pubs, to a nice place, in 5 minutes and it's a but different. I think you can book advance tickets, but I usually just get mine on the boat

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Stay in Greenwich and get the Thames Clipper after the gig from North Greenwich Pier. There is nowhere near the O2 worth staying. Maybe the Holiday Inn, which is about a 15 minute walk, but there is nothing else around there.

The boat will take you to the Cutty Sark, to pubs, to a nice place, in 5 minutes and it's a but different. I think you can book advance tickets, but I usually just get mine on the boat

Its all sorted now mate. I've booked a night in the Hilton in Canary Wharf. Apparently its not too bad a journey so fingers crossed!

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
If it is the one at South Quay you've done ok there. I used and will be working next door to there soon. Enjoy!
Yeah it certainly is! Apparently its 1 stop on the jubilee line to canary wharf and then a short walk to the hotel.

Let's just hope after all this that the missus likes the surprise! :thumbsup:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That cablecar is ruddy superb.

I did it about 3 weeks ago and was brill . Passed over Thames just as a cruise liner was heading out was a great sight , wish i took pics now .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here