Hotels near The O2 Arena

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
I have never been before and I have got 2 tickets to see Mr. Mcintyre at The O2 in October (cant wait!!).

Can anyone recommend any decent hotels nearby? Preferably not too pricey but its a treat for the missus so i suppose it should really be a nice one :lol: The most important thing to me is that it is nearby as i dont really want to be messing about too much after!

Any help would be appreciated.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn't stay near the o2 personally, its pretty crap.

LastMinute.com secret hotels can be excellent value, you can sometimes get the Hilton at London Bridge (very nice hotel) for under £100 a night at weekend.

I think the description is something like 'Modern and contemporary hotel with a stunning exterior, ideally located on the doorstep of the City. Take advantage of the hotel's lively bar before enjoying the delights of the restaurant's European cuisine to complete a memorable stay.'

Last edited:

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Always find laterooms.com alright.

I wouldn't stay near the o2 personally, its pretty crap.

LastMinute.com secret hotels can be excellent value, you can sometimes get the Hilton at London Bridge (very nice hotel) for under £100 a night at weekend.

I was thinking of checking lastminute.com, but its not that last minute?! I suppose i would compromise on distance for quality. And im also assuming that there will be a nice black cab driver sitting close by to take us to our hotel when the show finishes :lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was thinking of checking lastminute.com, but its not that last minute?! I suppose i would compromise on distance for quality. And im also assuming that there will be a nice black cab driver sitting close by to take us to our hotel when the show finishes :lol:

Cab from Greenwich back to civilisation will be a nightmare, best to tube it.

The Hilton at Canary Wharf is also nice, and cheap at weekend. Lastminute.com can be used for anything at any time

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
I dont understand the whole "secret hotel" stuff, is there no way to see any pictures first?? Seems odd!!

I think ideally i'd like to find one within walking distance from the O2

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I work in Greenwich (by park) and am going to a gig with wife at O2 later in year. We have booked into Novotel by Greenwich station. £89 for superior room excl breakfast (plenty of quirky cafes close by).

Decent/modern business hotel, next to overground/DLR station (one change at Canary Wharf onto Jubilee then 1 stop to North Greenwich). Will be eating in Greenwich itself (plenty of good/interesting options) rather than the rushed/mass market fare in O2.

Otherwise, if on a budget, there is an Ibis or a newly opened Premier Inn, both a short walk from Greenwich station.

Then following morning, Greenwich is worth an explore, partic if weekend, what with covered market, Naval College, Greenwich Park, Cutty Sark etc.

Greenwich station (as opposed to North Greenwich/O2 underground stop) is only 2 stops (8 mins) from London Bridge on overground line.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I dont understand the whole "secret hotel" stuff, is there no way to see any pictures first?? Seems odd!!

Thats the point, you're getting a £200 hotel for £50 most of the time, but the gamble is you dont know what you are booking. If you want to stay in Greenwich, there are a few, but I'm not really sure.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

You can usually search from the description and work it out. Cantv remember the name but I did that once and got a 5* hotel just across the river from the o2 for about 40 notes. Not much decent to do round docklands though. I brought a plump brunette for my entertainment (not bought before you ask)

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London

Not Much around the 02 and its a complete hole.

London bridge is perfect to get to from Brighton.

Don't be put off by the thought of travelling on the tube, its only a 2 minute walk to the tube from the O2, even if you have to queue for 5 or 10 mins its a lot quicker than a cab (if you can find one/book one and not have it stolen by someone else), the jubliee line will get you back to Ldn Bridge from the North Greenwich (the O2) in 10 mins.

Plus you can wake up the next day in the thick of it rather than somewhere in Canning town that feels like the set of 28 days later.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove

Hotels normally have a best price guarantee, so if you check on Lastminute, Expedia, or through the Hotel direct the rates will most likely be the same. If a hotel wants to sell a number of rooms below this rate it will put them on 'Top secret Hotels' as this way they are not in breach of their terms of agreement with the 3rd parties and it allows them to control the numbers of rooms sold.

Hilton Canary Warf is one of the best by the o2 - one stop on the tube. They are normally one of the cheaper Hilton's in London due to Canary Warf being dead at a weekend.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
I work in Greenwich (by park) and am going to a gig with wife at O2 later in year. We have booked into Novotel by Greenwich station. £89 for superior room excl breakfast (plenty of quirky cafes close by).

Decent/modern business hotel, next to overground/DLR station (one change at Canary Wharf onto Jubilee then 1 stop to North Greenwich). Will be eating in Greenwich itself (plenty of good/interesting options) rather than the rushed/mass market fare in O2.

Otherwise, if on a budget, there is an Ibis or a newly opened Premier Inn, both a walk from Greenwich station.

Then following morning, Greenwich is worth an explore, partic if weekend, what with covered market, Naval College, Greenwich Park, Cutty Sark etc.

Greenwich is only 2 stops (8 mins) from London Bridge.

Im kind of looking for something within walking distance, if not i'd like to be able to jump in a cab, just for ease. I can never be ars*d with trains, tube etc..

Thanks for the info though! I will probably check out the market etc. on the Sunday. Although that depends on whether i can park at the hotel or not, because i dont fancy carrying luggage around all day! :thumbsup:

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
It looks like the tube will be a necessity then! I dont really mind if there's not too much faffing.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Incredible value waterfront hotel with pool. Fantastic contemporary 4 star deluxe hotel in the vibrant Docklands easily accessible to Westfield Startford City, The O2, Canary Wharf with its shopping malls and good links into Central London.

Contemporary hotel In New business district. Located in London's newest commercial district and only minutes from the O2 arena. The hotel is on the doorstep of South Quay DLR station with a footbridge linked to Canary Wharf Underground Jubilee & Northern line. Only approx. 15 minutes from London City Airport and the West End. A few tube stops from London's newest shopping centre Westfield's. Excellent rating on Tripadvisor both in service & modern facilities offered.

Both "Top Secret Hotels". Just wish i could find out what hotels they are!!! Decisions.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Incredible value waterfront hotel with pool. Fantastic contemporary 4 star deluxe hotel in the vibrant Docklands easily accessible to Westfield Startford City, The O2, Canary Wharf with its shopping malls and good links into Central London.

Contemporary hotel In New business district. Located in London's newest commercial district and only minutes from the O2 arena. The hotel is on the doorstep of South Quay DLR station with a footbridge linked to Canary Wharf Underground Jubilee & Northern line. Only approx. 15 minutes from London City Airport and the West End. A few tube stops from London's newest shopping centre Westfield's. Excellent rating on Tripadvisor both in service & modern facilities offered.

Both "Top Secret Hotels". Just wish i could find out what hotels they are!!! Decisions.....

That is almost certainly Canary Wharf Hilton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Which one?

Other is the Crown Plaza I think

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Ahh ok, thanks for all the help! I think ill take a gamble and assume that the second one is the Hilton. Looks in a good location, just need to work out what to do with regards to getting the tube. I have only been on it once and my brother, who is more adept at these kind of things, was there to guide me haha. Thanks again :thumbsup:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Give up now.
I went to Sringsteen at the O2, 15000 people leave at same time, no hotels nearby, unless you pre-book well ahead of the date.
We were in the Novahotel, about 300 yards from O2, trouble is that 300 yards is the River Thames
Couldnt get near the tube station and hardly any cabs pass by because of where the O2 is.
Pre book a taxi to pick you up, but make sure that nobody else jumps it, or wait 90 minutes if you are lucky for one to turn up on the rank.Even then it is costly cos they have to go out of Greewich, through the tunnel and back to the Excel area.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Give up now.
I went to Sringsteen at the O2, 15000 people leave at same time, no hotels nearby, unless you pre-book well ahead of the date.
We were in the Novahotel, about 300 yards from O2, trouble is that 300 yards is the River Thames
Couldnt get near the tube station and hardly any cabs pass by because of where the O2 is.
Pre book a taxi to pick you up, but make sure that nobody else jumps it, or wait 90 minutes if you are lucky for one to turn up on the rank.Even then it is costly cos they have to go out of Greewich, through the tunnel and back to the Excel area.

On the other hand, I have been to a number of gigs and queued less time than the Amex to get away on the Tube. Noel Gallagher, Peter Kaye both spring to mind of 'recent' trips where I've headed back West.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports