Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins signs

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
wow that took me by surprise, on the very same day that Murray leaves as well :lolol: I'd still like 2 see another 2, with at least 1 proven striker come in though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just had the news from John Lees on the cricket commentary.

Cheerio Glenn :wave:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
How old is Hoskins ? i love the way Poyet watchs players but i guess he first notices them when playing vs Albion eg Noone and Hoskins was best players for opposition this year for Plymouth and Bristol Rovers, the only one he hasnt signed who seemed to give us real problems is Dagenham and redbridge Forward, Akinde, but i think he would be a great signing as well.
But Hoskins is younger than Murray and scored nearly as many goals and was playing for a relagation team, so shows what a good player he is, not same type of player though Hoskins is more about Pace and Skill, maybe a bit weighweight, thats why i think we urgently need a big forward to go with Barnes and Hoskins, oh okay and give us Michael Owen.
Forward line up of Akinde, Hoskins, Barnes, Owen - would defo be one of best in Championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Now we just need to sign Buckley before announcing that Bennett is leaving and the club will have managed an exceptional piece of PR.

Good signing Hoskins - he is a very good footballer with the ball at his feet, strong character, and I suspect his conversion ratio of chances to goals is pretty high.
Very pleased that he is joining us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like it , basically the Albion tell Muzza to f*** off and play with the Pikeys , knowing full well Hoskins is going to sign for us. :yahoo:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From Bristol Rovers' website

HOSKINS JOINS BRIGHTON

Bristol Rovers have today accepted a substantial six-figure sum from Brighton for striker Will Hoskins.

Rovers fought hard to hang on to the top goal scorer at the end of last season, but Will since made it clear that he wanted play at a higher level. Brighton were promoted to the Championship after finishing top of League One this season.

Chairman Nick Higgs said: "Whilst we are disappointed to lose a player of Will's calibre, who has scored some very important goals for us, he expressed an interesting in leaving the club, and Brighton came in with a very good offer.

"He was offered a one year contract extension to keep him at the Memorial Stadium, but he made it clear that he wanted to play at a higher level. As you all know, we received interest in him at the end of last season, but we worked hard to keep him as we fought to retain our League One status. Unfortunately that was not to be, and we have now negotiated a very good deal for the player."

Hoskins signed on a free transfer from Watford last summer and finished the season with 20 goals in all competitions for the club. He made 41 starts and two substitute appearances in the league and scored 17 league goals. He also notched up a further four starts in cup competitions and another three goals. He went on to skipper the side when Stuart Campbell took over as manager.

Nick added: "I would like to thank Will for his commitment while at Bristol Rovers, and wish him every success for the future. We like to think that he has developed as a player whilst with us and fully appreciate his desire to play at a higher level."

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
LOL.
LMAO.
ROFLCOPTER.
And other things the kids say nowadays. What a way to stick two fingers up at the Judas, barely has the door closed on him than we announce we've broken the bank for a replacement. Gus/Tony :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here