Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hosham UKIP public meeting tonight in Horsham at 19:30

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
How do the swiss and Norwegians do without it? The eu that is.

more to the point if a small tin pot country like Iceland can crawl its way out of massive debt and strike up new trade deals with the rest of the world and do reasonably well then why cant a country with the 5th largest national economy in the world & who's ranked the 4th highest exporter & importer do the same.. if not better.???

nothing like a lack of confidence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How do the swiss and Norwegians do without it? The eu that is.

The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. It allows them to be part of the EU’s single market.

Switzerland is neither an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market - this means Swiss nationals have the same rights to live and work in the UK as other EEA nationals.

However, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have no say in making EU rules.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
.....not one for excogitation or particularly perspicacious, are you?

I shall withdraw with equanimity, shooting fishes in barrels is only fun for so long.

Fish, not fishes.

he never got that out of the oxford dictionary, he'd probably shot his load by then.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I put my faith in the scientists who have spent years, studying, researching and experimenting the climate of this planet. If a substantial body of them, and not ones paid by oil companies to investigate climate change, believe that we are damaging the world then I'm inclined to agree with them. Even if, let's just say, that our contribution to climate change has been grossly overstated, are you happy at the thought we will have used up our natural resources in the relatively near future? Do you not care for what may be waiting for our children and grandchildren down the line? With regards to China and India, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil your policy is it? Just because they don't give a toss gives us an excuse to follow suit does it? We should be leading by example, especially when we have the resources to do so.

Given that the majority of these immigrants are gainfully employed doing jobs that benefit the UK and it's people, or are paying us money to attend our Universities then I'm happy for immigration to continue. There is so much worry over EU migration and how much power Britain has over that, that people fail to consider 265,000 came from outside the EU, immigration we do have control over. Given that we can quote immigration figures, I think the government has a pretty accurate idea on how many people they can cater for.

This last bit just made me laugh.

and you will continue to put your absolute trust in a bunch of scientists who have spent years researching studying experimenting the climate of this planet will you.. and you'd also put your trust in that they carried out this work as a completely independent body ??. I never had you down as naïve, I suppose you'll be telling me next that you'd put your upmost trust in the federal reserve and the fact that they wouldn't be so naughty as to print money out of thin air ?? they've all got their agenda's mate & it just a matter of which one you believe to be genuine or not
casting aside who and who not to believe I'd rather instead follow my own gut instinct.. and that is that climate change has always happened since day one of the creation of this planet.. and it will always continue to do so right until the destruction of this planet.
how do you think the ice age come about? surely you aren't about to tell me that that was mans doing aswell.

as for immigration the affect it will have upon this country will be verging catastrophic especially if nothing whatsoever gets done about it..& especially if it continues to grow at the rate it is doing so right now. . the pro's of keeping a lid on immigration will always outweigh the cons & the affect is so blatantly obvious that even a fool would recognise its disadvantages.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have moved to Germany. Would you like to know how I have got on? :lolol:

Not really but I'm sure you'll do so regardless and bore us silly telling us that Germany does it bigger, better, more efficiently and cheaper what ever it is we're talking about :p

The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. It allows them to be part of the EU’s single market.

Switzerland is neither an EU or EEA member but is part of the single market - this means Swiss nationals have the same rights to live and work in the UK as other EEA nationals.

However, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have no say in making EU rules.

Neither do they pay massive membership fees.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
as for immigration the affect it will have upon this country will be verging catastrophic especially if nothing whatsoever gets done about it..& especially if it continues to grow at the rate it is doing so right now. . the pro's of keeping a lid on immigration will always outweigh the cons & the affect is so blatantly obvious that even a fool would recognise its disadvantages.

The USA is a country built on immigration, and it has done pretty well though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.....not one for excogitation or particularly perspicacious, are you?

I shall withdraw with equanimity, shooting fishes in barrels is only fun for so long.

You can use long unusual words all you like - it doesn't enhance your argument, it just makes you look like a c**t.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Cheers :thumbsup:

I must ask after noting your signature, have you read The Stranger by Albert Camus? An excellent read.

Absolutely - in English and in French. Try La Peste - aka the Plague.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Actually you have made three or four really nasty posts on this thread, insulting posts, with words that you think might impress. I usually try to argue and debate and disagree without lowering myself to your standards, but, if you crawl any further up your own ******** you will be able to clean your own teeth before bedtime.

......Whereas he was being sweetness and light - are you two f*ck-buddies?

What a mob of c*nts.

There you go - written in terms even a thick earth rod like you can understand, dull spark.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
......Whereas he was being sweetness and light - are you two f*ck-buddies?

What a mob of c*nts.

There you go - written in terms even a thick earth rod like you can understand, dull spark.

The eloquent words seem to have left your posts. I bet Hugh is proud of your choice use of language. Just carry on, get it off your chest.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
and you will continue to put your absolute trust in a bunch of scientists who have spent years researching studying experimenting the climate of this planet will you.. and you'd also put your trust in that they carried out this work as a completely independent body ??. I never had you down as naïve, I suppose you'll be telling me next that you'd put your upmost trust in the federal reserve and the fact that they wouldn't be so naughty as to print money out of thin air ?? they've all got their agenda's mate & it just a matter of which one you believe to be genuine or not
casting aside who and who not to believe I'd rather instead follow my own gut instinct.. and that is that climate change has always happened since day one of the creation of this planet.. and it will always continue to do so right until the destruction of this planet.
how do you think the ice age come about? surely you aren't about to tell me that that was mans doing aswell.

I could turn the tables and say why would you be so naïve as to put your faith in UKIP to solve this country's problems free of agenda? I don't trust every scientist, I don't trust every politician but the fact of the matter remains that there are independent organisations who have looked into climate change and have come up with very convincing and reputable theories. Yes, there has always been climate change and I wouldn't for one moment claim we caused the Ice Age but just look at China and the terrible smog they suffer in so many cities, isn't that proof enough of the damage we're doing to ourselves? You may say 'well its only China' but I really hope they wake up to the dangers of their fossil fuel usage. They're opening a new coal-fired power station every week and its doing their people no good whatsoever.

Catastrophic is a very strong word. Unfortunately there is a school of thought that believes: Doing nothing whatsoever = Not Leaving the EU and Sorting out immigration = Leaving the EU.

But still, why have an informed opinion when you have gut instinct?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
dear admin, any ideas as to why I have received an infraction resulting in 3 points when the said bloke of who that I was accused of insulting has seen to have said far worse.
double standards on an uneven playing field springs to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here