Holiday Advice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Right NSC

Having just broken up with the misses AWWWW I have had to cancel a planned trip to Turkey in early september.

me and a couple of lads want a cheap getaway. We like a drink and a few women and lively bars would not go a miss. However some of them are 30-35 so the usual Magaluf, Kavos, Malia and Ibiza are off the cards.

Suggestions Please !!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Croatia. Lovely weather, cheap, and best of all hasn't been ruined by stag parties so the locals are still friendly. Failing that Berlin or Dusseldorf, not as cheap though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wait until winter and go to Andorra skiing - loads of cheap beer, lively bars and women ( many of them single if that's a requirement :cool: )

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thanks so far chaps. Interesting suggestions. I would think we will be looking for a beach/pool holiday rather than a city break as already done that this year !

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
In the Baltic now, we do Tallinn every cruise & I was saying how I'd love to go on the lash there with the lads. That would be more of a weekend break though.
Depends what you're after, beach, adventure, clacker?
Might sound boring to a few on here but I would go to Rhodes town. I just love the atmosphere there, although I haven't been for a few years. You can have a loud night or a mellow night there, depends how you feel. Great beach, Scandanavian blart everywhere, quality.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Right NSC

Having just broken up with the misses AWWWW I have had to cancel a planned trip to Turkey in early september.

me and a couple of lads want a cheap getaway. We like a drink and a few women and lively bars would not go a miss. However some of them are 30-35 so the usual Magaluf, Kavos, Malia and Ibiza are off the cards.

Suggestions Please !!

Is this contagious? Hope I don't catch this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the Baltic now, we do Tallinn every cruise & I was saying how I'd love to go on the lash there with the lads. That would be more of a weekend break though.
Depends what you're after, beach, adventure, clacker?
Might sound boring to a few on here but I would go to Rhodes town. I just love the atmosphere there, although I haven't been for a few years. You can have a loud night or a mellow night there, depends how you feel. Great beach, Scandanavian blart everywhere, quality.

Hi smudge

Looking at doing the Baltics next summer - you are on NCL? Worth a look?

Holland America look to be doing some decent deals too.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
My partner went to Benidorm on a lads holiday in April and had a fab time. Last week me and him flew over there for two nights, three days - we had a fab time - weather was 38 - 40 degrees, great hotel, cheap flights and great beach/pool. Bars and clubs open til 8 a.m. We had a great time - met some really great people and had a laugh. Can't wait to go back - next year am planning a trip with my surrogate sister over there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Right NSC

Suggestions Please !!

Go to Ibiza and stay in Ibiza town, it's like a different planet to San Antonio. It's way more sophisticated but more expensive, but if you're still wearing Union Jack shorts and like to go around bare chested singing football songs as a group it may not be for you.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Go to Ibiza and stay in Ibiza town, it's like a different planet to San Antonio. It's way more sophisticated but more expensive, but if you're still wearing Union Jack shorts and like to go around bare chested singing football songs as a group it may not be for you.

haha union jack shorts. No Icy Gull my point was that this is what we are hoping to aviod. I cant promise anything on the football songs front though. I have been known to blast out WILLIAM, WILLIAM BUCKLEY after a few too many pints :D

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you like Blackpool you'll love Benidorm. With so many places in the world to choose from I don't get why people go there :shrug:

Language and an English breakfast won't be a problem though.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
If you like Blackpool you'll love Benidorm. With so many places in the world to choose from I don't get why people go there :shrug:

Language and an English breakfast won't be a problem though.

I was quite surprised how many spanish people were choosing to holiday in Bendidorm when we went last week!! It is what it is, but that said we had a fab time - met some really nice people in bars and just let our hair down and had a really good laugh which is just what we needed.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was quite surprised how many spanish people were choosing to holiday in Bendidorm when we went last week!! It is what it is, but that said we had a fab time - met some really nice people in bars and just let our hair down and had a really good laugh which is just what we needed.

I know that the beach is fantastic but weren't the town and the beach absolutely mobbed?

Londoncalling

Jul 20, 2012
Right NSC

Suggestions Please !!

Albufeira, Portugal. Ideal mix of mentalness, charm, great beaches, sea and reasonalble prices. Even saw Albion rock Sunderland there couple of years ago. Have first Bock beer on me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports