Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was looking for a photo and this random image popped up. I thought I might share it.

Harrowing.

article-1170142-044301F3000005DC-919_634x437.jpg

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
did they do one about Heysel (imagine if Millwall had rioted in the European cup final) or ask why there were more liverpool fans in sheffield than tickets sold? Respects to the families, but "justice for the 96" should include suing the liverpool fans that turned up without tickets and were pushing on the gate at the leppings lane end. The scouse "its always someone elses fault" does not stand up to close scrutiny. Not a trendy view but then, often a balanced view isn't.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was looking for a photo and this random image popped up. I thought I might share it.

Harrowing.

article-1170142-044301F3000005DC-919_634x437.jpg

That picture is horrific. What shocks me the most is the desperate state of the kid bottom left, he looks completely lifeless but behind him (top left) seemingly within arms reach, the older bloke looks unaffected.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I almost agree with these sentiments, and indeed I want to, but I can't. Hillsborough happened, not because of the design of the stadium, but because of the huge number of Liverpool fans that turned up without a ticket trying to blag their way in. Yes the police made mistakes, and once these fans were inside it was carnage, BUT if they hadn't been there in the first place it would never have happened.

Of course people dying is tragic, especially as the likelihood is that the people who dies were people with tickets who got into the ground early (as they were nearest the fences) but until the Liverpool fans actually admit that they contributed enormously to these events, rather than revel in their tragic self pitying way in sad nostalgia, then I don't have the degree of sadness that many here seem to be displaying.

why do you embarass yourself at every turn. did you go to any football matches in the 80s? it was a different world. I am no fan of the scousers but to jump on the they bought it on themselves bandwagon is disgraceful.

yes why did they not just sit in their seats or listen to the stewards? if you do not like the way scousers grieve then thats fair enough, but it could have happened to any of us in those days. to be wise after the event is at the very least extremely boring. when people like us died on a day out at football it is far more than boring though.

edit this applies x10 to the jamie kiddy.

i bet you are the first to dismiss the luton millwall riot as disgraceful, bought on by very similar circumstances and could have easily involved multiple fatalities if the idiotic old bill had not been sensibly routed. You mate, are utterly clueless. you embarrass me and i dont even know you.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
did they do one about Heysel (imagine if Millwall had rioted in the European cup final) or ask why there were more liverpool fans in sheffield than tickets sold? Respects to the families, but "justice for the 96" should include suing the liverpool fans that turned up without tickets and were pushing on the gate at the leppings lane end. The scouse "its always someone elses fault" does not stand up to close scrutiny. Not a trendy view but then, often a balanced view isn't.

It's amazing how often that myth gets peddled out.

I'd advise you to read the offical report at the time to see how much effect fans turning up without tickets had on the tragedy.

Did you know the health and safety executive painstakingly sat through all the CCTV and counted every single fan entering the stadium and compared it to the tickets that were sold ?

Added to that, tickets were still available on the day.

Quite simply what you've suggested happened quite simply didn't. Just because newspapers and television media reported it at the time because of the misleading comments of an discredited official (and subsequently apologised) doesn't make it true.

So let us just again repeat the line from the Taylor report that you seem to be unable to understand:

Taylor surmised there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the Disaster.

Quite what gives you the authority to have a different take on it is beyond comprehension. Did you commision your own report ?

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
BUT if they hadn't been there in the first place it would never have happened.

this is my particular favourite part of your idiotic rant. classic.

yes if no one had attended the match then no one would have died. just imagine if everyone told the white star line to f*** off until they got a boat to themselves to take them to america. things would have worked out fine.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Im not sure if anyone else has the same but there is a terrible irony with The Sun having the advertising space at the top

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

I'd advise you to read the offical report at the time to see how much effect fans turning up without tickets had on the tragedy.

Did you know the health and safety executive painstakingly sat through all the CCTV and counted every single fan entering the stadium and compared it to the tickets that were sold ?

Quite simply what you've suggested happened quite simply didn't. Just because newspapers and television media reported it at the time because of the misleading comments of an discredited official (and subsequently apologised) doesn't make it true.

So let us just again repeat the line from the Taylor report that you seem to be unable to understand:

Taylor surmised there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the Disaster.

Quite what gives you the authority to have a different take on it is beyond comprehension. Did you commision your own report ?

Sure chuck insults if someoe does not agree with ou, when you get a bit older you grow out of that. And Heysel was not their fault as well of course. For all the blaming of the bloke on the gate, the police, the ambulance men, the safety officer the fact is people turned up without a ticket. As they always did for scouse games in the 80's. I have not heard a call to sue the people that turned up without a ticket. Its the scouse desire to blame and sue someone that gets my goat. "Justice for the 96" means, blame everyone and everyone but scousers.. as they tried to do for Heysel. Did you know they tried to sue for watching the disaster on tv before the courts put a stop to that? Disgraceful. It was an accident, and a disaster. Very sad for the families of the dead, the police and emergency services that had to work the game, as was Bradford, but the scousers go on and on and on about it without one ounce of looking at the fault of their own fans or the impact it had on others.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sure chuck insults if someoe does not agree with ou, when you get a bit older you grow out of that. And Heysel was not their fault as well of course. For all the blaming of the bloke on the gate, the police, the ambulance men, the safety officer the fact is people turned up without a ticket. As they always did for scouse games in the 80's. I have not heard a call to sue the people that turned up without a ticket. Its the scouse desire to blame and sue someone that gets my goat. "Justice for the 96" means, blame everyone and everyone but scousers.. as they tried to do for Heysel. Did you know they tried to sue for watching the disaster on tv before the courts put a stop to that? Disgraceful. It was an accident, and a disaster. Very sad for the families of the dead, the police and emergency services that had to work the game, as was Bradford, but the scousers go on and on and on about it without one ounce of looking at the fault of their own fans or the impact it had on others.

The only insult is yours to everyones' intelligence.

So in conclusion you disagree with the findings of the official inquiry ?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

you really embarrass yourself. you obviously haven't read up on any of the available facts about Hillsborough. so, please shut up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
you really embarrass yourself. you obviously haven't read up on any of the available facts about Hillsborough. so, please shut up.

It's incredible to be honest, but just shows you how certain myths permeate the mind of people especially when they are fed via the mass media.

Why read the apology on page two, when there is something far more interesting on the next page ?

I'd imagine things like official reports are a bit daunting to read, what with them being quite lengthy and full of technical detail.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
:shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

What a disgrace you really are.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Glad you said that hon, but I doubt if it will make any difference to f***ing idiots like him. He evidently doesn't want the facts to get in the way of his ignorant opinion. At least the vast majority of us who witnessed the appalling tragedy - as it unfolded in front of our very eyes - recognise that the lies & mistruths surrounding the disaster are just that. As many others have already said, we should all be thankful that it wasn't ourselves or our loved-ones having the life squeezed out of us on similar fences on a similar day. May the 96 forever RIP.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

happened all the time. i remember people bunking into the north stand in a massive crush for the arsenal cup game in the 80s. no one likes the scousers and they are guilty of scummy behaviour (trampling over their own disabled fans at millwall, robbing children coked up at the european cup final etc etc but ****ish behaviour is not exclusive to them,

but to use a tragedy as a stick to beat with them is as boring as saying you let your country down to leeds fans over istanbul, prickish fan behaviour of the worst kind.

yes scousers are grief junkies and seemingly beyond reproach but if you have an issue with how they deal with a disaster talk about that, not that it was due to them. it happened to alot more people than that. are bradford fans c unts for smoking?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Just a small point about "Taylor SURMISED there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the disaster".

Definition of surmised;.........To infer something without sufficiently conclusive evidence.

In other words, a guess, not fact.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just a small point about "Taylor SURMISED there was no substance to the allegation that ticketless fans caused the disaster".

Definition of surmised;.........To infer something without sufficiently conclusive evidence.

In other words, a guess, not fact.

Definition of allegation;.........An allegation (also called adduction) is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, which the party claims to be able to prove. Allegations remain assertions without proof, until they can be proved.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Read the report then ?

I,m not arguing with you.....just pointing out what "surmised" means.

I,ve always though very highly of people from Liverpool. I worked with about a group of 20 of them for 3 years in the early' 90s in Germany................and I can put hand on heart and say, ever single one of them was a scumbag.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here