Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here’s an odd one for you - mystery delivery

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This has just happened to me, but not a watch a pair of "Ray Ban" sunglasses.

I was expecting some Christmas gifts to arrive today so wasn't surprised the postie knocked on my door. What I was surprised about was the parcel he gave me was pretty small (was expecting a much bigger one). Opened said package and it was a Ray Ban box, opened it and it had the trademark leather Ray Ban pouch inside although the leather felt a bit cheap. Opened said pouch and the flimsiest pair of gold aviators were inside. They are horrific, even if they were genuine I would never have ordered them.

Return address is a industrial unit somewhere near Leeds and the company has one named director which is a chinese name.

Found it a bit odd so had a quick google and it has pointed me in the direction of a Brushing Scam so I thought I'd check the NSC archives. Lo-and-behold found this thread.

@Superphil did your wife have any issues post your similar occurrence a few year back?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

I was expecting some Christmas gifts to arrive today so wasn't surprised the postie knocked on my door. What I was surprised about was the parcel he gave me was pretty small (was expecting a much bigger one). Opened said package and it was a Ray Ban box, opened it and it had the trademark leather Ray Ban pouch inside although the leather felt a bit cheap. Opened said pouch and the flimsiest pair of gold aviators were inside. They are horrific, even if they were genuine I would never have ordered them.

Return address is a industrial unit somewhere near Leeds and the company has one named director which is a chinese name.

Found it a bit odd so had a quick google and it has pointed me in the direction of a Brushing Scam so I thought I'd check the NSC archives. Lo-and-behold found this thread.

@Superphil did your wife have any issues post your similar occurrence a few year back?

Can we please have all these items kept, and then insist Paul Barber wears them to the club Christmas Party to raise money for charity? So far we have him with an elite gold watch, Burberry socks, a fantastic sounding pair of aviators and, no doubt, an extremely stylishly cased iPhone.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm feeling left out, I want some Chinese TAT to laugh at! :mad:

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven

I am pretty sure the Leeds address is to do with Temu. My parents ordered something from Temu and got sent a phone charger, with a Leeds address on the label....they never got what they actually ordered and were only offered a refund if they brought the phone charger at a reduced price.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I am pretty sure the Leeds address is to do with Temu. My parents ordered something from Temu and got sent a phone charger, with a Leeds address on the label....they never got what they actually ordered and were only offered a refund if they brought the phone charger at a reduced price.
Could be. I've order stuff from Temu in the past. Have alway received the items though. It generally all been pretty naff quality so probably wouldn't in the future.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Talking to my parents yesterday, my dad received a mystery package. He hadn't opened it waiting instead to talk to me thinking I might have sent them a Christmas present (I haven't - yet). Weirdly it was a set of cordless power scissors. The type you might use to cut through really thick fabric or leather. It's absolutely not something my long retired parents want or need.

Very strange. It was address to him, by name, but he's certain he didn't order it (and would have no reason to).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

As far as I recall nothing ever happened. We never returned it, we certainly never paid for it, and as far as I know there has been no follow up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here