Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here’s an odd one for you - mystery delivery

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This could be worrying.

Have you just assumed that the package was from China or have you actually checked properly?

The likely hood is, I’m afraid, is that this package is from North Korea and that your wife has somehow got herself mixed up in the alleged disappearance of Kim Jong-un.

What to do now?

1. Check the watch for Novichok

2. Examine the watch under a microscope for any clues, stamps or messages.
I use one of these when this type of thing happens to me:
https://www.coleparmer.co.uk/i/meij...VWe7tCh3Ldw3SEAQYAyABEgKzNvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
(Bit pricey but if this type of thing starts happening regularly, you’ll be glad of the investment).

3. Most importantly, go in to lockdown! There could be NK agents monitoring your wife’s movements or even tasked with assassinating her. Only leave the house for essential shopping trips or exercise and keep a 2m gap from everyone. The last thing you or your wife need is a handkerchief to the face full of VX.
Be particularly wary of anyone trying to cover their face when you out, it could be the assassin!

4. By the way, the Government won’t be interested in helping you with this as they’ve got enough on their plate for Christ’s sake so don’t bother asking - you’re in this on your own.

Lastly, make sure you both just stay alert, it could save your lives.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I had a similar delivery about 3 months ago except it contained 3 pairs of Burberry socks,no explanation or delivery note enclosed,originated from China.Seemed reasonable quality but crappy pattern. I gave them away.WTF is that all about?:shrug:

Have you no sole?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another similar scam is someone hacks your account, Amazon or ebay, orders items to be delivered and then stands outside your house to collect the item.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This could be worrying.

Have you just assumed that the package was from China or have you actually checked properly?

The likely hood is, I’m afraid, is that this package is from North Korea and that your wife has somehow got herself mixed up in the alleged disappearance of Kim Jong-un.

What to do now?

1. Check the watch for Novichok

2. Examine the watch under a microscope for any clues, stamps or messages.
I use one of these when this type of thing happens to me:
https://www.coleparmer.co.uk/i/meij...VWe7tCh3Ldw3SEAQYAyABEgKzNvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
(Bit pricey but if this type of thing starts happening regularly, you’ll be glad of the investment).

3. Most importantly, go in to lockdown! There could be NK agents monitoring your wife’s movements or even tasked with assassinating her. Only leave the house for essential shopping trips or exercise and keep a 2m gap from everyone. The last thing you or your wife need is a handkerchief to the face full of VX.
Be particularly wary of anyone trying to cover their face when you out, it could be the assassin!

4. By the way, the Government won’t be interested in helping you with this as they’ve got enough on their plate for Christ’s sake so don’t bother asking - you’re in this on your own.

Lastly, make sure you both just stay alert, it could save your lives.

alert.PNG

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...clearly the package was from China. Wife opened it, and inside is a rather tacky, brand new men’s, gold wristwatch

It's probably a Wuhan Coronagraph with tackymeter rotating bezels.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I had a similar delivery about 3 months ago except it contained 3 pairs of Burberry socks...WTF is that all about?:shrug:

There's nothing wrong with having socks appeal.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My wife had similar last year - she received 4 or 5 unexpected Amazon packages over the course of a couple of weeks, then it stopped. There was an iPhone 11 Plus case (it was roughly the week of release of the phone), an Anker powerbank and some other small low-ish value items. No record of why they were sent.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Put it in box with three house bricks and return to sender

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I had a similar delivery about 3 months ago except it contained 3 pairs of Burberry socks,no explanation or delivery note enclosed,originated from China.Seemed reasonable quality but crappy pattern. I gave them away.WTF is that all about?:shrug:

New meaning to the old phrase that 'the check's in the post'?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So... [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]... any updates?

Any visits from a West Sussex-based Triad gang yet?

And patently this thread is worthless (apart from comedy worth obviously) without photo of thread-featured timepiece. I mean, is it even gold? And is it the kind of naff crap a vastly overpaid North London EPL footballer might purchase through their Watch Broker, and then promptly get robbed of? Or is it quite nice? Well? ???

Don't keep us HANGING here [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]. We need details

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So... [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]... any updates?

Any visits from a West Sussex-based Triad gang yet?

And patently this thread is worthless (apart from comedy worth obviously) without photo of thread-featured timepiece. I mean, is it even gold? And is it the kind of naff crap a vastly overpaid North London EPL footballer might purchase through their Watch Broker, and then promptly get robbed of? Or is it quite nice? Well? ???

Don't keep us HANGING here [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]. We need details

No sign of any Triads yet, I’ve kept it in the cellophane just in case they want it returned!

You have to take a look at the senders address, just for schoolboy giggles.

cbd5c03b71e7c097e3a960efb8326114.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here