Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
With your thinking there never would have been a Gallipoli because England would have been divided up in the spoils of war from many past wars because there would not have been an army to defend the homeland. Heil Merkel!

You are, like Trump, defending a racist.

No, with my thinking no Australians would have died needlessly for a war in Europe that had no meaning to us. You really need to step up from being an E grade history student.

I'm defending the notion that draft dodging does not equate to cowardice. Trump is irrelevant. At least people know you're one of those idiots that cries racism when there is none present.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even the poorest of people should never be drafted into an army.

Should only ever be a free choice.

I'm not saying anything about his morals, I'm responding to the premise that dodging a draft makes someone a coward.
I completely agree, but forgive me for going all Trigggar here:-

What if he thought the war was a pointless one and not worth wasting his life on? What if he would rather make money than kill people. I reckon that's a pretty valid reason to dodge it.

Saying you don't want to go overseas and shoot people has zero relation to being willing to take someone out to defend your own people.

I'd have no interest in going OS to shoot people, more than willing to shoot someone threatening my families lives though.

That has nothing to do with Donny Orange missing the draft.
He wasn't drafted because his dad could afford for him not to be drafted.

With that in mind it then becomes somewhat hypocritical for a man who has actively dodged gun fire to not only call out a person who didn't react like Bruce Willis, but to then double down and say they would have acted like Bruce Willis.

I'm sure we'd all want to be 'that person'.
Perhaps given his time again Scot Peterson would be 'that person'.
Unfortunately for America they have plenty of other people who have been called upon to be 'that person', if they feel the need to pass judgement who are any of us to say otherwise.

But the rest of us really ought to be classy enough to think 'there for the grace of god go I'.
Not descend in playground taunting.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Except you're talking about Trump 2018.

Trump has been a Democrat longer than he's been a Republican by quite a few years. SO you're saying trump in the 70's thought the same way he thinks now? I don't know many people who haven't changed in how they think over such a long time.

All US Presidents bar Jimmy Carter seem to love war. It's how they get rich from all their ties to the arms trade.

No doubt Trump now his fingers in that pie just like Obama did, like Bush did, like Clinton did and so on and so on

I'm going with what I know of Trump and at any age, him conscientiously objecting on the grounds of anything else other than he felt the likes of him should not have to go to war is unlikely.
There are arguments against conscription, of course but the main one for it is that if we didn't have it we would have lost wars to some pretty nasty folks in the 20th century.
Anyway, yuo can defend Trump's superiority complex and cowardice til you're blue in the face. I won't change my opinion of him.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No, with my thinking no Australians would have died needlessly for a war in Europe that had no meaning to us. You really need to step up from being an E grade history student.

I'm defending the notion that draft dodging does not equate to cowardice. Trump is irrelevant. At least people know you're one of those idiots that cries racism when there is none present.

There would have been no Australia with former English citizens because there would never have been an English Empire--no army!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I completely agree, but forgive me for going all Trigggar here:-

That has nothing to do with Donny Orange missing the draft.
He wasn't drafted because his dad could afford for him not to be drafted.

Any means necessary. The same people that have a go at Trump dodging it thought Bill Clinton was a hero for doing it.

Clinton was a draft dodger who the liberals painted as a hero for doing so. Yet he used his connections through his Uncle to get him special treatment.

With that in mind it then becomes somewhat hypocritical for a man who has actively dodged gun fire to not only call out a person who didn't react like Bruce Willis, but to then double down and say they would have acted like Bruce Willis.

The issue is that the two incidents have zero relation to each other. The motivations are far different in each case. Once again not saying anything about Trump the ****, simply stating one does not equate to the other.

I'm sure we'd all want to be 'that person'.
Perhaps given his time again Scot Peterson would be 'that person'.
Unfortunately for America they have plenty of other people who have been called upon to be 'that person', if they feel the need to pass judgement who are any of us to say otherwise.

No doubt he'd want his time all over again. Maybe to simply not apply for such a job.

But the rest of us really ought to be classy enough to think 'there for the grace of god go I'.
Not descend in playground taunting.

People deal with situations differently. I'd not handle it like Trump would. But he's not an island in how he thinks. There's quite a few youtube videos of regular people who do take out the armed assailants with gun power.

No way I'd be trying to rob somewhere in Texas that's for sure.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No shit Sherlock! It's about forcing private citizens to go to a war they have no interest in and if they say no they become a criminal.

My view is spot on, your view that a Government should be able to force people into joining an army is the moronic one.

What kind of a lackey are you to think that is a good thing?

You can't help yourself, you are so up your own arse!! I never said I agreed with it or that it was a good thing however are you saying the government should not have done what it did in the second world war and just succumbed to the Germans?

Going back to the original point, it is hard to believe the words of a man (who frequently lies anyway) when he claims he would enter a building unarmed when he avoided the draft to fight for his country (presumably when they had provided him with a gun).

Seems hypocritical to claim to defend your family when the threat is at your front door but not to prevent that threat reaching your front door in the first place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What if he thought the war was a pointless one and not worth wasting his life on? What if he would rather make money than kill people. I reckon that's a pretty valid reason to dodge it.
If he'd rather make money than do his duty for his country, he's hardly going to put his life on the line at a shooting.

I'd have no interest in going OS to shoot people, more than willing to shoot someone threatening my families lives though.
But it wasn't his family, and he wouldn't have been able to shoot the guy if he didn't have a gun (he said he'd go in unarmed).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I don't like Morgan but he is good at that sort of thing. Jones is scary.

Yeah, pretty scary views. What irritated me though is that Jones kept trying to say that the UK had an equal (or more) deaths from knives so it wasnt guns that were the problem, but Morgan didn't counter that by saying our knife crime death statistics which would have made Jones look more stupid - 250 odd deaths from knives last year, so a drop in the ocean compared to gun deaths in america

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, pretty scary views. What irritated me though is that Jones kept trying to say that the UK had an equal (or more) deaths from knives so it wasnt guns that were the problem, but Morgan didn't counter that by saying our knife crime death statistics which would have made Jones look more stupid - 250 odd deaths from knives last year, so a drop in the ocean compared to gun deaths in america

Morgan couldn't get a word in. And an element of let the buglec*nt keep going to maximise his mongness.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolutely no chance things will change, far too many tossers with the same gun veiws

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bloke needs some prozac.

typical conspiracy theorists just likes the sound of his own bullshit. Alex Jones is more dangerous than 'suicide pills'.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloke needs some prozac.

typical conspiracy theorists just likes the sound of his own bullshit. Alex Jones is more dangerous than 'suicide pills'.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
19e55065e49d8424464c919ee8622ead.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now if the girl has a gun strapped to her belt then her brother might have thought twice and quite clearly its the fault of the video game developers

A 13-year-old girl in Mississippi has died after allegedly being shot by her nine-year-old brother over a video game, police say.

They said the boy grabbed a gun on Saturday afternoon after his sister would not give up the controller.

He allegedly shot her from behind, and the bullet entered her brain.

A local sheriff announced on Sunday that the teen had died of her injuries in a Memphis hospital. It was unclear how the boy obtained the gun.

It is also unclear what consequences the nine-year-old will face.

"He's just nine," Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told the Clarion Ledger.

"I assume he's seen this on video games or TV. I don't know if he knew exactly what this would do. I can't answer that. I do know it's a tragedy."

The children's mother was in another room, feeding other children lunch at the time of the incident.

Police are still investigating the circumstances of the shooting, including how the weapon - a .25 calibre handgun - was accessed.

"This is all new ground for us, we've never dealt with a kid shooting a kid at age nine," Sheriff Cantrell told local press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here