Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Here they come, get ready for the roar!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then you’ve got tennis’s full kit w*nker brigade of tw*ts wearing Union Jack t-shirts, hats and waving flags shouting “Come on Knob jockey!” or whatever plucky Brit is left in the tournament after the first day. Even worse - “Let’s see how the fans are reacting on Henman Hill” or Murray’s Mound or Williams’ Mount of Venus or such shit - as the camera swoops over the f***tards all doing their ridiculous Mexican Wave. My God how I cringe when I see those tossers. Nothing, but nothing, can compare though with the unbelievable excrement of Cliff Richard serenading the Centre Court during a rain break some years ago. Now that was a vomit inducing moment. :shootself

Exactly :clap2:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Then you’ve got tennis’s full kit w*nker brigade of tw*ts wearing Union Jack t-shirts, hats and waving flags shouting “Come on Knob jockey!” or whatever plucky Brit is left in the tournament after the first day. Even worse - “Let’s see how the fans are reacting on Henman Hill” or Murray’s Mound or Williams’ Mount of Venus or such shit - as the camera swoops over the f***tards all doing their ridiculous Mexican Wave. My God how I cringe when I see those tossers. Nothing, but nothing, can compare though with the unbelievable excrement of Cliff Richard serenading the Centre Court during a rain break some years ago. Now that was a vomit inducing moment. :shootself

the screaming and hysterical guffawing when a pidgeon lands on centre court :nono: :tosser:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What an utterly crap post this is.

Wimbledon is brilliant.

I’m not a tennis fan and never watch it at any other time of the year; love watching Wimbledon though. There’s something nice about watching grass-court tennis on a sunny day, even if it’s just on telly.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Fvcking hate Wimbledon and everything associated with it. Memories of summers in offices full of people (almost exclusively women) who express literally no interest in sport at any other time cluelessly gabbling on endlessly about whatever twunt was on at the time……..to confirm my hatred, I actually went once on a corporate ticket. Worst ****ing ‘sporting’ experience of my life. Hordes of middle-aged, red-faced, pissed on free champagne freeloading executives and their awful wives guffawing and worrying about where their next canape was coming from with literally no interest in the actual sport at all.

….and tennis is shit anyway.

**** off.

Perfectly put. I normally operate an 'each to their own' policy when it comes to activities like train spotting, collecting bus tickets and supporting Palace but not for tennis. Tennis, and especially Wimbledon, makes me not want to be alive any more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going very much against the grain here, I enjoy Wimbledon but not at the expense of Euros games!

Looking forward to seeing if the old guy who gets a prime spot in a box and wears a Stetson hat is still alive and kicking. Any tennis aficionados know who he is and why he gets to watch every game on Centre Court?

Edit - Google is my friend, he is the longest serving Wimbledon Steward

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need a younger replacement for Murray.

Cameron Norrie is your man and he’s English, not sure he’s gonna be the new Murray but he may be the new “Come On Tim”

:dunce: have just realised that I have been whooshed, well played sir :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Best sporing day out ever, trust me implicitly on that, walking round the courts, standing feet away from the pros playing on the outside courts, the ivy clad buildings, bring your own food and drink, sit on the hill having a picnic watching on the big screen, see the players up close as they move between courts with their entourages. You honestly don’t have to be that into tennis to enjoy it, and it’s quite easy ignoring the hoorays, men in pink jumpers or polo shorts and mustard slacks sipping £15 glasses of Pims. Don’t knock it until you’ve done it. Anyone for Dennis?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cameron Norrie is your man and he’s English, not sure he’s gonna be the new Murray but he may be the new “Come On Tim”

:dunce: have just realised that I have been whooshed, well played sir :thumbsup:

About as English as Virginia Wade or Sir Edmund Hilary or Robert Sanchez or Shergar or Danny DeVito or Isla StClair.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was out early this morning as normal and for the first time ever I saw a couple of tits with tennis gear approaching a tennis club. Shite weather too.

"Ooh, tennis, lets get the bats out and go and play a few rounds."

I quite like it and appreciate the fitness and skill required but it ain't all that. Sad thread.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I hate Wimbledon for the middle class circus it is. It only approaches a degree of acceptability when the weather intervenes, forces play on a Sunday and they have to let the great unwashed in. That said, I love playing tennis.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I looked at this thread and thought 'oh, it's Wimbledon'. Then I thought 'Wimbledon, tennis, excitement over nothing in particular'. Then I thought 'I must be bored waiting to go my cricket match if I'm on a thread about Wimbledon'.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The BBC are shite for so many sports... it only exists for them when it’s the biggie. They couldn’t even cover the British Athletics and Olympic trials this weekend.
Wait till the Olympics when they cover ‘The Fastest man on Earth” supreme showdown.

Tossers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here