Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here kitty, kitty

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bloom has a lot of money which he has invested into Falmer. For us to start paying him back we need to be playing at a higher level consistently and Bloom is willing to open the Cheque book to make sure we get there.

£4mil available this summer if required, quite a few players leaving, a few arriving and Poyet trying to keep as many of his loan signings as possible.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I suppose we start with all the players currently out on loan? Dickinson, Tunnicliffe, McNulty, Davies - all would command a fee and with Forster gone it would certainly free up the budget

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Something that hasn't already be mentioned... Poyet has said the squad is too big. Expect to see at least 2 players leaving for every new signing. Supposedly the squad will be 23 or 24 players next season. At the moment we have 36 players, including loanees and those on loan to us.

Poyet also said he wanted his January business all done at the start of the month, he is still learning the trade so maybe his assessment will be reevaluated.

So we don't have to pay the player any wages? Signing on fee? Agents fee? Great. We'd need more than 2 million for 4 players at half a million.

Sorry, I forgot I was an in depth financial adviser, might apply for the role of chancellor of the exchequer when I finish giving a detailed analysis of Brighton and Hove Albion's finances.

Of course there will be wages... e.t.c. At what point did I say there wouldn't be? People quoting around 3 or 4 million may be correct as that may be the overall cost if we were to get into the Championship.

Anyway I am now off to buy shares in Nelson Mandela's excrement and invest in a bull.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The thing that bugs me most about how much "we" will spend,whether on transfer fee or wages is that it isn't "we" at all,but the chairman and other investors.

When a transfer doesn't work out,"they" should never have bought him !

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The thing that bugs me most about how much "we" will spend,whether on transfer fee or wages is that it isn't "we" at all,but the chairman and other investors.

When a transfer doesn't work out,"they" should never have bought him !

and normally the players have 6 or 7 minutes to prove themselves

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Imagine a squad of 11 Calderons. FLAIR.

We all dream of a team of Calderons, a team of Calderons, a team of Calderons! :albion2:

Back to the point of the thread, I agree with all comments regarding size of player budget, but obviously the better players are usually under contract and will cost a fee. I am just happy with have some cash to splash for a change!

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Calderon on a free
Painter 200k (Swansea)
Lua Lua 750k (Newcastle)
Adam Le Fondre 500k (Rotherham)
Mark Carrington 200k ( MK Dons)

They would all be quality signings and would help us go for promotion .

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Calderon on a free
Painter 200k (Swansea)
Lua Lua 750k (Newcastle)
Adam Le Fondre 500k (Rotherham)
Mark Carrington 200k ( MK Dons)

They would all be quality signings and would help us go for promotion .

Doesn't Lua Lua's contract expire in the summer? If so realistically he'll cost us nothing. :clap2:

And Adam Le Fondre isn't that good. Can we all stop bigging him up like he's the best thing around. :angry:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Doesn't Lua Lua's contract expire in the summer? If so realistically he'll cost us nothing. :clap2:

And Adam Le Fondre isn't that good. Can we all stop bigging him up like he's the best thing around. :angry:

Okay about Lua Lua

But Le Fondre is obviously good if hes top goal scorer of league 2 with 24 goals ? surely he's worth a go .

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Not true, because he is under 24, Newcastle will be entitled to a fee for him as long as they offer him a contract. The same as when we got a fee for Harding, even though he was out of contract.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Brezovan
Calderon
Unknown Spanish CB -(200k)
Elphick/Virgo
McNulty
Bennett
Unknown Spanish DM (150k) / Super Alan/
Crofts
Dicker
Kyle Bennett (free)/LuaLua/ Snodgrass (400k)
Murray/Ikechukwu "power of god" Uche/ Tyson/Le Fondre (600-900k for any of them.)

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Okay about Lua Lua

But Le Fondre is obviously good if hes top goal scorer of league 2 with 24 goals ? surely he's worth a go .

2nd. Hughes is first. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here