Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Her Majesty sets a new record.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Happy Accession Day,Your Majesty.Time for you to pass on the Crown,though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And to think [MENTION=3666]lenny[/MENTION]rider that some undesirables have got so close to her

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clearly she is not,were she though she would be an extremely successful one at that.

Reigning for 65 years, isn't in itself any measure of 'success' though, is it?

In order to 'achieve' this great feat, she had to 'do' just two things:

1. Be born.
2. Not die.

Personally, I think she HAS done a decent job of it, but if she'd been utterly crap throughout, she'd still have reached this same milestone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

1. Be born.
2. Not die.

Personally, I think she HAS done a decent job of it, but if she'd been utterly crap throughout, she'd still have reached this same milestone.

that's funny and perhaps true- i take it you are not a complete and total fan....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
that's funny and perhaps true- i take it you are not a complete and total fan....

Honestly, I'm entirely ambivalent towards the royalty.

Not convinced they should still exist at all in their current form, but the main players in the mob we have - Liz, Charlie, Wills & Kate, Harry, all seem decent enough sorts.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

1. Be born.
2. Not die.

Exactly, it's not as if she hasn't had the best healthcare taxpayers can buy for her.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Honestly, I'm entirely ambivalent towards the royalty.

Not convinced they should still exist at all in their current form, but the main players in the mob we have - Liz, Charlie, Wills & Kate, Harry, all seem decent enough sorts.

It's a weird one-like i said earlier,when growing up i thought they were a waste of space,Princess Dianna and to be fair the Queen her very self have done more than most to bring the family closer to the public and it's affection and understanding than perhaps any other royals in recent times-

I think it makes us unique and have yet to be persuaded that any alternative system would necessarily be any better.

We will finally grow up as a country when we stop bowing and scraping to inherited privilege. Hard to know whether all this forelock tugging is comical or depressing

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Exactly, it's not as if she hasn't had the best healthcare taxpayers can buy for her.

Before the banks the royals used to build castles,not to fend off the foreign attackers,but to create early day banks,used to suppress and collect taxes,keep the masses under control...this would have been the case the case with or without a royal family.....somebody always has to be at the top of the tree,the food chain so to speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here