Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My Norwegian friend said:

He is been talked about a lot the last couple of years because he is a talented young player. He played most games in the Norwegian premier league the last year. He is a young prospect for Brighton at least the first year, but I think he is good enough to get some minutes every now and then already. But still, he will need time to get to this level, at least to be a stable first team member is my guess! Really good value for this amount of money, but be patient.

Oh dear, doesn't he know, NSC doesn't do patient.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My Norwegian friend said:

He is been talked about a lot the last couple of years because he is a talented young player. He played most games in the Norwegian premier league the last year. He is a young prospect for Brighton at least the first year, but I think he is good enough to get some minutes every now and then already. But still, he will need time to get to this level, at least to be a stable first team member is my guess! Really good value for this amount of money, but be patient.
I suppose he's got until we have run Elvis out of town.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Naylor reporting he is a dev squad signing :-(

And the lad himself is on record as being promised he's signing to go 'straight into the A squad'.

the truth will be somewhere in between. He'll be in the first team reckoning asap, but he'll have to prove his worth and fitness in at least a couple of U21 games first.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Does anyone actually have any idea how good this kid is? I've seen a 10 second video clip but that's it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We keep signing players for the development squad and U21s who are nearly bottom of their league so when do we expect to see a positive from this?
I don't *think* we've yet paid a potential 400K for a dev squad prospect, so perhaps we've raised the bar a little.

No certainties of course, but at least we can hope we're getting a gem, who at least comes with good reports.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We keep signing players for the development squad and U21s who are nearly bottom of their league so when do we expect to see a positive from this?

Give it time BG - Isn't this our first season in the new higher division, thanks for the academy status. The club themselves said in as many words it will take time and they'll struggle at first. Rome wasn't built in a day....

Also, the Argus article makes the good point about us preparing for the loan window scrap next season - the development squad is where we will rely on injury cover, so I expect the likes of this lad, Hambo, Harper etc have also been signed with one eye on that. Can only be a good thing for football in general this loan window scrap IMO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here