Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

Dec 29, 2011
Unless this 18 year old is something completely special, I have a feeling he'll get nowhere near our first team for a while. The fact he cost 400k suggests he's not special enough for that, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unless this 18 year old is something completely special, I have a feeling he'll get nowhere near our first team for a while. The fact he cost 400k suggests he's not special enough for that, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

damn 400k is alot of money for an 18 year old plucked from Norway.

Some people

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I like these signings, especially when they're highly thought of domestically. I recall Dortmund struggling to get past Odd in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League this season and Hummells raving about their teenage winger, who, like Mr Bjordal I'd never heard of at the time. I find it both refreshing and reassuring that the club's knowledge extends far further than mine does and that if they think that this player could be a good addition to the squad then I'm all for it. People forget we do not have the capablitiy (and are far too practical) to only sign 'proven' players who cost extortionate amounts of money.

In all probability it's very unlikely you're going to pluck the finished article out of a Scandanavian league for £400K. But that's not what's trying to be done here! What we are trying to do is 'discover' a gem without paying another club for 'grooming him' for us. Why would anyone have a problem with that?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I remember being AMAZED when we splashed that out for Craig Davies - may have been 300k - was a huge fee for us then... Amex era eh!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I remember being AMAZED when we splashed that out for Craig Davies - may have been 300k - was a huge fee for us then... Amex era eh!
I thought it was 75k

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just read he is being sold for 3-4 million kroner with sell on clause. For those fluent in the lingo here is the link.
http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article678949.snd

Translated thus !

This is really big for me. I have always followed English football and think both country and club would suit me fine. It is of course very sad to leave AaFK, but I should first leave the club would have to be to a club with a proper plan. When Brighton appeared I felt that I could not say no to this, says Henrik Bjørdal.

On Monday morning he took leave of AaFK players at Color Line Stadium. Then he head to England. Today, Tuesday he will through a medical test.

It goes in the box, the Norwegian football has a new foreign football pro.

- I'm almost agree with those on the personal conditions and it seems as if the clubs agree. Consists I medical test I bet that everything goes in box after that, says 18-year-old from Valderøya.

Bjørdal agree with Brighton

Adam Örn Arnarson is ready for AaFK

Norwegian 18-year-old headed to opprykksjagende Brighton

Have resale percentages
After that Sunnmørsposten understand will Aalesund could be left with between three and four million for the transition. Portions of this is paid when Bjørdal when a certain number of matches. In addition, Brighton out with an amount of this year's season ends in promotion.

If AaFK had retained Bjørdal the contract expires in the summer, would Brighton "escaped" with between 250 and 300,000 euros in education compensation (between 2.36 and 2.85 million Norwegian kroner).

Meanwhile would AaFK risked being left with far less since a transition to for example a Norwegian club would leave far less education compensation.

Instead sells AaFK he now half a year before the contract runs out with a little more profit than an exit this summer would have provided.

Meanwhile, the sale is now an opportunity for a jackpot that could not be negotiated this summer: If Bjørdal resold from Brighton, has AaFK secured resale percentages. Probably, this will concern up to ten percent.

Otherwise the BJORDAL mother club IL Valder have their share of the cake for the transition. This is about 20 percent of the transfer fee.

Focusing on promotion
For Henrik BJORDAL part he goes now to a club that has ambitions for promotion to the Premier League.

Currently, the club on 3rd place in the Championship, five points behind direct promotion place.

- Brighton is a club that really cries out to get to the Premier League. Everything around, as the new stadium and other facilities, has really Premiership standard already. For my part, this is very big. I have always followed English football and think both country and club would suit me very well, says Bjørdal. 18-year-old moves to England alone. He goes straight into the A squad to Brighton, but is aware that it will take time to break to a permanent place on the team.

- Still, I know that it's played so many matches and that I am still very young. So I can not stress. I must also use this mid-season who are now waiting to fit into the group, the environment and all that, says Henrik Bjørdal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was'nt that Liam Dickenson? Craig Davies was a lot less I'm sure?

Could well have been mate - both the same person in my book - shit, did nothing, and used up valuable £s in those days :lol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He goes straight into the A squad to Brighton, but is aware that it will take time to break to a permanent place on the team.

I like that he is either very confident of his abilities or he is delusional.....

Only NSC can decide and decide we will....

I will kick off - Straight into the squad for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If this lad turns out to be the real deal then great.

First time for everything I suppose.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
My Norwegian friend said:

He is been talked about a lot the last couple of years because he is a talented young player. He played most games in the Norwegian premier league the last year. He is a young prospect for Brighton at least the first year, but I think he is good enough to get some minutes every now and then already. But still, he will need time to get to this level, at least to be a stable first team member is my guess! Really good value for this amount of money, but be patient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here