Henman . . .F*cking pathetic

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
what is wrong with the guy ? why can't he play a consistent tournament, or even a match ! theres no doubting the guy has the ability to play a great game of tennis on his day, but he is absolutely spineless on a far more consistent basis.

One wonders if he was bullied at school, or bent over one time too many for the seniors :eek:

Lots of middle aged well to do women are currently considering an overdose. This evening their Merchant Banker husbands will come home to find them dead in the hall way with empty Strawberry Punnets and Pimms bottles lying by their side, along with a suicide note, written on the finest lavender scented paper.

Jack Ruby

Dec 23, 2003
It is an empirical truth founded in objective reality that tennis (when not being played by attractive grunting females) is rubbish anyway. Luckily, the Russians seem to have developed some kind of top secret UBERMINX laboratory behind the iron curtain during the latter stages of the cold war. Chin up lads.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Soton Seagull said:
Lots of middle aged well to do women are currently considering an overdose. This evening their Merchant Banker husbands will come home to find them dead in the hall way with empty Strawberry Punnets and Pimms bottles lying by their side, along with a suicide note, written on the finest lavender scented paper.

:lolol: :lolol: Lets f***ing hope so hey ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
what is wrong with the guy ? why can't he play a consistent tournament, or even a match ! theres no doubting the guy has the ability to play a great game of tennis on his day, but he is absolutely spineless on a far more consistent basis.

One wonders if he was bullied at school, or bent over one time too many for the seniors :eek:

Look at his record at Wimbledon, a very consistent performer. Look at how he played in the French Open where he got the semis on his least favoured surface, not a bad run of victories ended by the champion.

Also, if you actually watched tennis all year round you'd see that he is actually a pretty good player. You don't stick around in the top ten for long unless you are a pretty decent player.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He played crap :(

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree CtS . ..totally, he is a very good tennis player, and I do watch his games, but he is superbly inconsistent and lacks the mental strength and agility to take his career any further . . .we say the same thing every year !

I'm hoping Redland ! :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Jack Ruby said:
It is an empirical truth founded in objective reality that tennis (when not being played by attractive grunting females) is rubbish anyway. Luckily, the Russians seem to have developed some kind of top secret UBERMINX laboratory behind the iron curtain during the latter stages of the cold war. Chin up lads.

Hurrah ! :D

7-6, 6-4, 6-2 to an unseeded 20 year old. Let the annual mass cull of Daily Mail readers commence...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, we say the same every year about somebody who is representing the country at the highest level in his chosen sport and doing a pretty damn good job at it and then take pleasure in it when he fails.

No wonder we don't produce many world class sportsmen anymore, the pressure put on them in this country by public and media alike is ridiculous.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What? No Swiss referee to blame? How about his manager or coach? They're obviously not up to the job and should be sacked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dreadful playing surface contributed.. surely

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Yeah, we say the same every year about somebody who is representing the country at the highest level in his chosen sport and doing a pretty damn good job at it and then take pleasure in it when he fails.

No wonder we don't produce many world class sportsmen anymore, the pressure put on them in this country by public and media alike is ridiculous.

Who says he is representing his country ?

IMO Henman is a classic example of an insipid Home Counties mummy's boy. If we want to get serious about producing excellent sportsmen and women then we should start investing in facilities, coaches, etc rather than waste our time on some gutless Public school twat.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Dandyman said:
Who says he is representing his country ?

IMO Henman is a classic example of an insipid Home Counties mummy's boy. If we want to get serious about producing excellent sportsmen and women then we should start investing in facilities, coaches, etc rather than waste our time on some gutless Public school twat.

great post.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jambo Seagull said:
great post.

great post??? NOT!!

He has single-handedly carried British tennis for near enough the last ten years. He's a bloody good player, just not the very best in the world.

He certainly isn't gutless. It's just typical that everyone remembers the matches that he loses rather than the ones he wins. Did you watch any of the Philippoussis match? On numerous occasions in matches, he has been break points down and come up with a huge second serve to save the game - hardly gutless.

It pisses me off when people knock someone who has done so much for the sport over here considering the LTA have done such a shit job at nurturing talent.

In 5 years time, when our top ranked player is No: 452 in the world (like the women's game recently), I feel that all the Henman knockers may have a different view of him...

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Bald Gull said:

Did you watch any of the Philippoussis match?

Yes I did. I heard the commentary on five live saying how he was sublime for two sets. i got home, turned the telly on and saw the same old Tim. He lost the third set and very nearly lost the fourth to a guy who hadn't won a game since the Australian Open until last week! If he had lost the fourth the Aussie would have one the fifth 6-1. He is a very capable tennis player who lacks the killer instinct to do it at the highest stage. He is a loser. I have as much chance of winning Wimbledon as him. If I were him I would chuck it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A spineless performance today, but then again without Henman there would have been no Week 2 British interest.

The Henman and Rusedski thing has been happening now for 7 or 8 years. They should have inspired a new generation of kids, so there should be some hope for the future.

I see Henman role as the forerunner of better players to come - if he opens the door as Bjorn Borg did in Sweden then he will have done a lot of good.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jambo Seagull said:
I have as much chance of winning Wimbledon as him.

Sorry, didn't realise you were so good at tennis. You clearly know what you're talking about...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports