Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed's disallowed goal

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Think there's some misunderstanding here. The flag went up for the original ball - think it was from Kayal to whoever crossed it in. They were marginally offside, and then pulled it back for Hemed to score.

So, Hemed was fine, but the crosser wasn't.

There is no way on Gods earth that the through ball was played to an offside player, no way at all.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
http://youtu.be/hB4YJnFO4TA 2:14 into this. I was convinced he was onside at the time but probably just off.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458468183.899278.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think there's some misunderstanding here. The flag went up for the original ball - think it was from Kayal to whoever crossed it in. They were marginally offside, and then pulled it back for Hemed to score.

:) You really aren't going to like the highlights. Kayal was played on by pretty much the whole MK Dons team and the fact the ball went backwards.

kayal.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was level with the cross and it didn't go forwards so not offside.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Again, I was behind the linesman and the flag went up when he crossed it not the pass before.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Apart from the fact that that the ball has to go forwards for a player to be offside......
Was always my understanding, however, what happens if (as in this case), the player who gets on the end of it has come back from a clearly offside position? Not too sure on this.

Immaterial here though - just watched it a few times on the highlights and as mentioned above, it does look like the ball travels ever so slightly forward.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was level with the cross and it didn't go forwards so not offside.
Specsavers for you then as the highlights on Player show it did.

BTW - did you know you were quoted in the I yesterday?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks just offside on the replay. Looks just offside on the still photo. Calderwood agrees it was offside and a good decision............can we just not accept it was offside ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks just offside on the replay. Looks just offside on the still photo. Calderwood agrees it was offside and a good decision............can we just not accept it was offside ?

offside.png

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Apart from the fact that that the ball has to go forwards for a player to be offside......

Not true.
It used to be the case years ago, but not anymore

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
My understanding is that it doesn't matter if the ball goes forward or backward. It would not be off side if the receiving player is level or further back than the passer.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not true.
It used to be the case years ago, but not anymore

How can a player be offside if the ball is passed backwards? That makes no sense. (Unless I've misunderstood, which is possible as I've spent the afternoon port tasting)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here