Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can you imagine the meltdown on here if we don't spunk countless millions on some journeyman striker no-one has ever heard of

Why don't we play that young lad who scored in the micky mouse cup last week...people said he was a decent player?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
can you imagine the meltdown on here if we don't spunk countless millions on some journeyman striker no-one has ever heard of

Why don't we play that young lad who scored in the micky mouse cup last week...people said he was a decent player?

nope , he didn't score v MK dons last night so the consensus has now swung to the - he's shit , lynch him school of thought.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He is. James Tilley. But he's not a lone, out and out striker in Murray/Hemed mould for starters.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Although some big deals have fallen through, I don't think the recruitment team are THAT stupid.

A premier league Quality striker costs MILLIONS. Chris Hughton is good, But you can't expect miracles from him without support. and that means Spending BIG!.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure of the point of the Argus article. Would be suicide to sell our only fit forward. Unless we are slowly being prepared for no inbound strikers with stuff like this. And yes I am worried

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm not worried. I have the same faith in hughton, bloom, winstanley, etc that I had last season and when we lost Duffy and Goldson they were able to bring in someone even though the transfer window was shut (ultimately he wasn't needed). I'm confident they won't let hemed go without cover. I'm also confident that naylor is in their pocket (he needs the Albion more than we need him) and they drip feed him info on their terms.
Time will tell!

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Whilst all this talk and speculation about Tomer Hamed is going on, I would like to say that he acting with dignity and true professionalism. No transfer requests or toys being thrown out of the pram, he simply get on with his job. A credit to himself and his family. Well done young man.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
£8 million for a 30 year old with one year left on his contract would be incredible business. Providing we bring in two strikers, of course...

Would be amazing business.

Seems to me there's a queue forming.

Perez from Arsenal to Deportivo

Andone from Deportivo to Brighton

Hemed from Brighton to Reading (if we also have a second striker lined up, e.g. Niasse loan)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not worried. I have the same faith in hughton, bloom, winstanley, etc that I had last season and when we lost Duffy and Goldson they were able to bring in someone even though the transfer window was shut (ultimately he wasn't needed). I'm confident they won't let hemed go without cover. I'm also confident that naylor is in their pocket (he needs the Albion more than we need him) and they drip feed him info on their terms.
Time will tell!

Not much time - 30 hours.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst all this talk and speculation about Tomer Hamed is going on, I would like to say that he acting with dignity and true professionalism. No transfer requests or toys being thrown out of the pram, he simply get on with his job. A credit to himself and his family. Well done young man.

True, a good bloke and a key part of our success.

But why hand in a transfer request to drop a division to a club unlikely to be promoted?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dreadful state of affairs if we have to hold on to the bloke who is almost universally acknowledged to be not up to the task at this level, simply because he's Last Striker Standing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I will miss Tomas Hemed if he does go but if we do get two decent strikers in it is the correct decision for all concerned.

Me too - I like Tomer a lot and I am sure he would get a few goals in the PL if you played him. I just think that there are better players around and you have to keep trying to improve the squad constantly.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

True, But he won't get a bigger/better club then ours interested in him.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
True, a good bloke and a key part of our success.

But why hand in a transfer request to drop a division to a club unlikely to be promoted?

Plenty of players would hand in request, sulk and refuse to play in his situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here